Posted October 06, 2009
It's a great school with very caring teachers that make a difference.

Posted October 06, 2009
Laney is a terrific school. My son is a junior and an honors student. My daughter is a freshman this year and is off to a great start. All of my children's teachers except for two have been superior. I mean exceptional!!! Mr. O'Briant is the most dedicated Principal I have ever seen. I volunteer in this school every week in the main office and I know what goes on. Some of the office staff is a little weak but otherwise, I am very happy. Both of my children attended a small catholic school through 8th grade so I was pleasantly surprised at just what an awesome education my kids are getting.

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted February 15, 2008

Emsley A Laney High 3

Posted November 27, 2007
This school strives for achievement but may not be fair in discipline and may not make the students feel completely safe and comfortable at all times

Posted September 27, 2007

Posted September 26, 2007
laney has provided an excellent opportunity for advancement in various curriculums for both of my children attending this school.Advanced classes have provided a challenging opportunity for my kids to fully apply their skills as well as keep up with their extra-curricular activities. Laney high school is the best!!!

Posted August 21, 2007
This school is the best kept secret in the New Hanover County School System. Challenging and caring teachers along with a very enthusiastic administrative team. The proof in the pudding is how their students do after graduation. They are high achievers at some of the best Universities and Academies in the country.

Posted January 13, 2007
My daughter has attended Laney for the past 3 years. I have been to the school many times to deal with issues concerning a variety of subjects and I have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and considerate. My daughter has had every opportunity to get the best education to be found in a public school. I highly recommend this school to parents looking for a place where their child can explore character and abilities and find out who they are while growing up.

Emsley A Laney High
2700 North College Road, Wilmington, NC  28405
(910) 350-2089
Last modified Emsley A Laney High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emsley A Laney High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.