Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All seasoned staff are outstanding educators that care about education and children. There are a few that don't seem to like kids but mostly, the teachers are amazing!

Amount of homework: Agree

It depends on the teacher but homework os a chance to improve on classroom time spent on topic. As I mentioned, most time is spent on test prep..

Develops character: Agree

The educators rock it!!! Cant say enough about the seasoned staff. The experienced educators are incredible.

FHGE has fantastic educators, neighborhood, and facilities. All children eat for free which makes a huge difference to many families. The IB push is a plus, language immersion a plus, just wish there was more emphasis on language acquisition, academics, and less importance placed on test scores and test data.

This schools administrators are the worse I've ever experienced. I'm new to the area and this is my child's base school. I come from the largest school district in North Carolina. My child has never been a trouble child in school with no suspensions. Very excelled (above grade level). My child has had to fight every day at school in the bathrooms, on the bus. Comes home crying because he is tired of being hit on. And it is told to me my child is starting with other students. Now remind you we have never had to go through this before. So I asked the Principal and the teacher to look up his previous records to see he has never been a troubled child and get down to the bottom of what the problem is. Guess what my child has been in school for a 1 1/2 months here and they can't compare his records because they never requested them. What tops it off, I was in a conference with the teacher/Principal and I ask about why I don't see much homework? It was told to me that they don't give out a lot of homework because of the kids extra activities (sports), REALLY. The sad thing is the ADMINISTRATORS DONT LISTEN. My experience is that I feel like that don't care NOTHING about kids that may not have it all or the best. They JUDGE kids without getting to know them. Regardless of a child's color, finances or where they live, they should all be TREATED EQUALLY. And I see different, for it to be a small county. I was warned not to go to this school because of the way they treat certain kids. I should have listened.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They are lazy and worry more about the kids playing sports then excelling in fundamentals

This is an AMAZING school! The teachers are incredible, the principal is fabulous, and the students are all motivated and hard workers. I cannot say enough good things about Forest Hills.

I don't think we could be happier at any other school! Forest Hills is a great school and the staff are fantastic. My child is in the language immersion program and after just 1.5 years speaks Spanish fluently! The teachers have helped me know how to better help my child and they seem to care about my child's learning abilities as well as her emotional and physical states. As a family, we love this school. Our only concern is that there is talk about the school going to a year-round rather than traditional school calendar.

The 3 rating is not accurate in my opinion. Our daughter has attended FHE since 2010 and there have MANY IMPROVEMENTS in the last 12 months under the new principal. The teachers there care a great deal about the students and do a FANTASTIC job at challenging the advanced ones.

These students are collecting bottle caps to illustrate accumulation of over use of plastic and then will recycle them for a brighter future.

Last modified Forest Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.