Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
Thank you Mrs Walsh for encouraging deep love of literature, juicy word acquisition, best practices in writing and love of education. You are a gifted and outstanding educator!! So lucky to have you:) Much love and light!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 25, 2016
All seasoned staff are outstanding educators that care about education and children. There are a few that don't seem to like kids but mostly, the teachers are amazing!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 25, 2016
It depends on the teacher but homework os a chance to improve on classroom time spent on topic. As I mentioned, most time is spent on test prep..

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 25, 2016
I don't really know, tests, tests and more tests, are the norm grades 3-5. I guess I would say yes?

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 25, 2016
I don't really know. I believe so. My child seems to respect and love all kids at the school.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 25, 2016
I think most emphasis is placed on scores and results. There is only so much time in a day and only so much wiggle room within state guidelines.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 25, 2016
The educators rock it!!! Cant say enough about the seasoned staff. The experienced educators are incredible.

Forest Hills Elementary 4

Posted May 25, 2016
FHGE has fantastic educators, neighborhood, and facilities. All children eat for free which makes a huge difference to many families. The IB push is a plus, language immersion a plus, just wish there was more emphasis on language acquisition, academics, and less importance placed on test scores and test data.

Forest Hills Elementary 1

Posted October 03, 2015
This schools administrators are the worse I've ever experienced. I'm new to the area and this is my child's base school. I come from the largest school district in North Carolina. My child has never been a trouble child in school with no suspensions. Very excelled (above grade level). My child has had to fight every day at school in the bathrooms, on the bus. Comes home crying because he is tired of being hit on. And it is told to me my child is starting with other students. Now remind you we have never had to go through this before. So I asked the Principal and the teacher to look up his previous records to see he has never been a troubled child and get down to the bottom of what the problem is. Guess what my child has been in school for a 1 1/2 months here and they can't compare his records because they never requested them. What tops it off, I was in a conference with the teacher/Principal and I ask about why I don't see much homework? It was told to me that they don't give out a lot of homework because of the kids extra activities (sports), REALLY. The sad thing is the ADMINISTRATORS DONT LISTEN. My experience is that I feel like that don't care NOTHING about kids that may not have it all or the best. They JUDGE kids without getting to know them. Regardless of a child's color, finances or where they live, they should all be TREATED EQUALLY. And I see different, for it to be a small county. I was warned not to go to this school because of the way they treat certain kids. I should have listened.

Grateful to: Student

Posted October 03, 2015
To my child that has to be strong everyday because you have people that don't listen

602 Colonial Dr, Wilmington, NC  28403
Last modified Forest Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.