Wilmington, NC

Posted March 13, 2014
This is an AMAZING school! The teachers are incredible, the principal is fabulous, and the students are all motivated and hard workers. I cannot say enough good things about Forest Hills.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2014
I don't think we could be happier at any other school! Forest Hills is a great school and the staff are fantastic. My child is in the language immersion program and after just 1.5 years speaks Spanish fluently! The teachers have helped me know how to better help my child and they seem to care about my child's learning abilities as well as her emotional and physical states. As a family, we love this school. Our only concern is that there is talk about the school going to a year-round rather than traditional school calendar.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2013
The 3 rating is not accurate in my opinion. Our daughter has attended FHE since 2010 and there have MANY IMPROVEMENTS in the last 12 months under the new principal. The teachers there care a great deal about the students and do a FANTASTIC job at challenging the advanced ones.

Forest Hills Elementary 0

Posted April 24, 2010
These students are collecting bottle caps to illustrate accumulation of over use of plastic and then will recycle them for a brighter future.

Posted May 06, 2009
My daughter is in 5th grade @ Forest Hills and loves the school,teachers and staff. They have been wonderful and with all the newly renovations it makes the school more equipt to teach our children how to help them further their experinece s in school.. Love it

Posted May 05, 2009
As a teacher who as worked under three principals here, I can honestly say we have got the best now. Our school is safe, activites are based on data that is meanbingful to teachers and students. and our parents are supportive and enthusiastic. Forest Hills has become a great place to be!

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted December 28, 2006
Forest Hills has an excellent teaching staff. They are highly committed to providing students with a rigorous educational experience.

Posted October 01, 2006
My daughter started school this year and she loves it more than anything. She enjoys playing and learning with other children. All the children are very well behaved. Ms. Lowell and Mrs. Jones are great! My daughter loves school so much, she asks her father and I all weekend when its time to go to school. 'Is it time yet?' The only concern we have, is that the children do not have mats to lie down on at 'quiet time'. We were instructed to provide a beach towel. My daughter complains that her back hurts from lieing down on the hard floor.

Posted September 20, 2006
My 6 yr old loves this school. We do also. The teachers are caring about their students. One of the few schools left that do offer P.E. There are a lot of extra events throughout the year that give the parents and child a chance to enjoy the school together.

Forest Hills Elementary
602 Colonial Drive, Wilmington, NC  28403
Last modified Forest Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hills Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top