Gregory Elementary 3

Posted March 23, 2014
I have a child attending Gregory for the first time and last time , our child had no homework for almost the first 2-3months of school while they (teachers) worked on Literacy bags for their homework assignments which was missing material and he bag was shared by a different student with the children names going into different homes, this should have been prepared before school started then, the teacher was not and still is not very organize our child states she cries in front of them to me this is not appropriate, and not to mention when a student is acting out in class my child thinks she is in trouble and gets points taken away too, also when my husband and attend the school we hear other teachers communicating with other students and they speak to them sarcastically when it truly is not necessary, no matter how little they deserve respect to, Our child is thriving academically which she can do anywhere, I was wrong about this school and regret having my child attend, neither less to say she will not be going back after this school year end.

Gregory Elementary 3

Posted April 15, 2013
I think the reviews should have a child's point of view. After all, a child is the one who attends the school. I really do miss the old Gregory. I started in year 2008. I had stayed in Gregory ever since Kindergarten. What I miss about the old days is that well students had a little more freedom. It was fun back then, very educational. I learned a lot. But now, in year 2013 I have learned pretty much nothing. I already know most of the things 4th graders have to learn. I think Gregory went downhill this year. And I mean like.. DOWNHILL. God, I miss the old Gregory. I wish 4th grade had advanced classes but we don't have AIG for 4th grade anymore. I was an AIG. But when we did had AIG we would do it M,W,F and only had 30 minutes. Last year, we didn't have AIG for 3rd grade AT ALL! Honestly, some of the good teachers are GONE. Sometimes, I feel that Gregory treats us like little kids. Sure we are kids, but the PBIS program is just a horrible excuse to let the kids at good and be a "Dynamic Dolphin" But what I have to say, other kids do get a valuable education. And I like how we get netbooks. This school can improve by getting more advance classes. But overall it a good school. :)

Posted May 23, 2010
I am a suburban mom who drives my child to Gregory and I am very happy and satisfied with the school. Challenging academics, qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working teachers, positive discipline, diversity, and a great magnet program. I look forward to my younger child going here too!

Posted January 08, 2010
I have been a Gregory parent for 5 years and have 2 children here. I am amazed at the quality education my child is getting. No other school in the county places as much focus on math and science as Gregory! My kids get an extra math and science class each week from mastered degreed teachers who are specialists in their discipline. These are no ordinary classes either- they are hands on and fun! And the technology just cannot be beat. The TV studio is very impressive and is exposing my kids to experiences that they cannot get anywhere else in the county. I love the teachers at Gregory, they are constantly assessing and challenging my children. The teachers here are some of the best and brightest. My children have excelled at Gregory Elementary!

Posted March 21, 2009
Gregory is a wonderful school. We have been there for 6 years. My oldest is getting ready for middle school and I feel he is very well prepared. The teachers are keeping both my children academically challenged and are one of the reasons we love Gregory so much? The new pricipal has made a very positive impact this school year and we are looking forward to having her in the future.

Posted March 19, 2009
My oldest attended Gregory and my youngest is there now. Great school and challenging academics. I am proud to be a parent.

Gregory Elementary 1

Posted February 08, 2009

Posted February 07, 2009
Gregory is a great school. My son loves science and is excelling in his studies. I know this is because of the program here. There have been ups and downs. But, the school is still great and the changes being made are all for the best!

Gregory Elementary 4

Posted February 06, 2009
Gregory school has been transorming into a 21st century direction for our kids. I am pleased that we have a strong principal that has ideas that will improve the student learning. Sometimes parents don't see the need to make changes and want things done the same way they were 8-10 years ago. This makes us like everyone else. We have a school and administration with a vision for the future. I love working here.

Posted February 06, 2009
I've been a teacher for over 20 years, and I can say that Gregory School of Science, Mathematics, and Technology is one of the best experiences I 've ever had. The students are wonderful. The teachers, on the whole, work hard and are willing to try new things to make learning meaningful and interesting for their students. The adminstration encourages teachers to break out of the box and try new things, while keeping the staff focused on the end goal of improving the educational experience for students. In a time when arts and special programs are being cut back, we have a full time art teacher and a full time music teacher. We have a PE coach. We have Science, Math, Computer, AIG, and Reading specialists. Every student is challenged with instruction geared towards individual growth. Every classroom has technology resources. It is a great school.

Gregory Elementary
1106 Ann Street, Wilmington, NC  28401
Last modified Gregory Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gregory Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.