Posted August 11, 2013
My son has attended Blair since 1st grade. The parent involvement is wonderful, we have great teachers, fundraisers and communication. My son loves it and is challenged in new ways everyday.

John J Blair Elementary 4

Posted June 17, 2013
I have been at Blair for quite awhile now. We do have wonderful teachers and staff as well as many parent volunteers! We love Blair but.. I have been on campus alot & there are some things that still don't sit well with me. The open campus, children walking around many times without adult supervision. I agree with the buddy system just as much as the next person but it isn't my very young children I don't trust.. It's the people that drive past, walk past, or recycle at the very public recycle center that is right there basically on the grounds. As well as sorrounding neighborhoods and business'. I think people get too comfortable and forget there are many strangers that sorround this school on a regular basis. i also don't like sending the older (still little) students to do recycle at the end of the day, again without adult supervision. This is elementary school not high school.. Adult supervision on some level at least, should be required at all times. In the morning children should see trusted adults on their journey to class, not b alone. On a positive, everyone is very friendly and helpful but that isn't what I would change. Safety is just as important as good education!

Posted March 23, 2012
I love this school and everything about it! The only thing I don't like is that all the staff members walk inside after 7:55am. I really don't like my daughter walking to her room by herself. I am pretty sure Teachers and Staff keep a good watch, but the school is an open area. I have never had anything bad happen but its just a scary thought. I think they should keep a few staff members out front until 8:05 at least. I'm not one to run late all the time but it does happen from time to time.

Posted July 06, 2011
Blair is the best school i've ever been to all the teachers are so nice and caring and the school offers great itenerents and wondeful AIG programs and lots of para-educators too. Having just finished my last year at Blair i'm sad but my younger siblings will be starting there next year so me and blair will be able to regroup and visit.

John J Blair Elementary 1

Posted December 09, 2009

John J Blair Elementary 1

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted March 02, 2009
Blair is an amazing school with very involved parents and a large diversity of ethnicities and backgrounds. Prior to attending Blair my son was very shy and reserved. Being at Blair has taught him many lessons about people as well as academics. He has had excellent teachers and made great friends.

Posted October 11, 2007

Posted September 14, 2007

Posted June 08, 2007

John J Blair Elementary
6510 Market Street, Wilmington, NC  28405
(910) 350-2045
Last modified John J Blair Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John J Blair Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.