Posted August 17, 2014
My child has learned to love school from attending there we went from a charter school to here and it has been great. They had to work with her to get he up to date but they did and she loves it there. Everyone is so nice and kind and welcoming. My child got bullied at her old school everyday but has not had a problem one time at this school. Staff is wonderful and kind my daughter loves everything about this school. Thanks for the great job...

Posted May 31, 2014
This is a wonderful school. All children are developed and moved forward. It is clear that educating the children and preparing them for the future is a top priority. From the principal to the cafeteria workers everyone is engaged with helping the children achieve.

Posted May 28, 2014
I regularly volunteer at this school. I am very impressed with the staff and students. This is school is a hidden gem!

Mary C Williams Elementary 1

Posted April 24, 2013
This school never ceases to amaze me! The teachers & principal pick and chose which students to favor and they stick with them and shun the rest! This is a sad excuse for a school & the principal is SORRY! I went there for a luncheon with my child & locked my keys inside the vehicle while trying to get my toddler to put her shoes back on & nobody in the office offered any help. Not only that but the officer on duty was NO WHERE to be found from 12:15 when we arrived until 2:05! When he got there he informed me he could not help me. Thankfully the janitors were nice enough to offer help and they attempted to try to get in the vehicle but had no luck. So after waiting all that time with 3 kids, everything I owned locked inside the vehicle I asked for a phone book they told me they didn't even have one! Then another lady came up from another room and thankfully she had one stowed away I was able to call a taxi and pay 40.00 to have my doors unlocked. I watched the principal myself dodge me as my children & I waited in the lobby. She didn't want to offer help. Then a parent came up at the end offering help but it was too late. I could go on & on about this school! PATHETIC sums it up!

Mary C Williams Elementary 1

Posted April 17, 2013
Well I don't know what this school was doing differently back in 2011 when the previous people rated it but unfortunately I must say this is the most horrible school I have ever dealt with! Classes are over populated, teachers do not pay attention to the kids and the kids do pretty much what they want then receive bad grades! There is a majority of kids here that bully and my child has fealt so bullied and out of place he doesn't even want to go & he comes home and cries about it! The teacher/parent communication is awful and there is no weekly curriculum like most schools have to inform you of what your child is doing or what things are due on what days! I have 3 kids and only 1 of them is a school ager. Since thankfully this is his 5th grade year and he will not have to attend anymore I have not pulled him out, but for my two youngest children, they will only go to this school over my dead body!!! Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!!! People, your childrens education is a very important part of their life and success, do not waste that on this school! Pull whatever strings you can to avoid this place! It does not even offer everything a school should!!!

Mary C Williams Elementary 4

Posted June 02, 2011
We are new to this school this year. It has been an awesome experience. The support for students that need extra support on either end of the spectrum is excellent. I am impressed with the staffs' commitment to the students. Our student has had an excellent, well rounded and challenging and expansive experience. I too volunteer and yes, more parents would also greatly enhance the students education. Please consider coming in, you will be richer for it..... =)

Mary C Williams Elementary 4

Posted April 16, 2011
I have to say the school is getting better. They finally have designated car drop off and pick up line, which is leaps and bounds better than the drop off in the same area as the buses. They have it manned in the morning and the afternoon byt teachers and the principal. The school is working it's way out of AYP and is making progress by leaps and bounds, even as a Title 1 school. I am a very active parent and see there is a lot of need for volunteers for the functions that are held for the children. Parent involvment is always needed!!! The teachers do a lot for the children. The community has even been involved this year and the school received help from Help on Wilmington and had a new track asphalted. This will make it easier for the children to run - instead of in a lot of sand.

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted June 17, 2007
Very friendly teachers and staff. A lot of extracurricular activities. Nice drop off pick up area with teachers and/or the principals helping kids in/out of cars after 7:30 and after school until 3:00. While I have to admit there is a teacher that I have never (in the 5 years my daughters have attended the school) seen smile, you have to keep in mind that this is only ONE person. Overall the teachers are helpful, friendly and easy to communicate with.

Posted November 28, 2006
This is our 2nd year at Mary C. Williams. It is getting so much better. I have been involved in the school by helping teachers out and volunteering my time. This is a great way to get to know the staff and teachers. I feel very welcome at this school and everyone is very friendly. I feel that if you want your child to succeed in school you have to be there and communicate with your teacher. Overall this school is AWESOME!!

Mary C Williams Elementary
801 Silver Lake Road, Wilmington, NC  28412
Last modified Mary C Williams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary C Williams Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top