Posted April 03, 2014
My child is in 6th grade this year (2013-2014). She is having a great experience. She enjoys her teachers, she is challenged and has enjoyed taking part in extracurricular activities. The principal is responsive and approachable.

Posted October 29, 2012
Great teachers and staff, old building, don't like office staff. This school is great, except it was built in 1966, so it is a bit old. Also, the office people are grumpy whenever I go in. Amazing, AIG and gifted services.

Posted May 25, 2011
I love Roland-Grise. MY daughter was slightly behind when we moved here at the beginning of the school year, and the teachers went above and beyond to help here get caught. They really encourage parents to get involved and help out.

Posted December 11, 2010
RG is a great middle school! We have been very pleased with all aspects of her education. All middle schools can be challenging but I think the administration does a great job keeping each grade level apart from others. Things seem to be just getting better as the years go by. We currently have 2 children attending.

Posted February 26, 2010
My daughter is in the AIG (gifted) program at RG. My husband and I are more than impressed with the educational instruction. There are some behavioral issues outside of the classroom (fighting in the school yard, bullying on the bus, etc) but no more than in any middle school. My daughter loves RG.

Posted October 26, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008

Roland-Grise Middle School 0

Posted March 05, 2008
We had a horrible experience with Administration during the time our child was supposed to attend RG in 2006, requiring that we move to a private school. Discipline issues were not being addressed at RG as promised & our child was subject to unnecessary punishment. Three years later, I am here to say that our child is excelling in all subjects & was just inducted into the Beta Club, a select group. The teachers in the private school have guided her in developing incredible study skills which will prove beneficial as she moves forward in the education path. I sadly doubt this would have occurred at RG. We made the right decision to move her from RG. Maybe the RG Adm needs to consider parents' concerns more seriously. Middle school years are crucial years in study habit/skills development.

Posted June 08, 2006
The academic program S.A.G.E. is outstanding and one that can be challenged academically against ANY school. We found the school to be extremely friendly and my daughter who was new this year was made to feel right at home by both staff and the other students. We never experienced any disciple problems in the classroom. I have witnessed the administrative staff working with the kids to solve problems and they are to be commended. Both the teachers and the students seemed to truly respect each other. The extracurricular activities offered werent as strong as we had hoped, but they were fine. Parent involement is very strong and very welcomed.

Roland-Grise Middle School 2

Posted May 22, 2006
This would have been our 1st year at Roland-Grise, but it was a real disappointment to me, mainly when dealing with Adminstration. Principal Hatch announced early on about 'no tolerance' when it came to discipline, but we never experienced it. RG places their students in 3 tiers using EOGs as the main tool for placement. My A's & B's child all through elementary school was placed in the tier 2 level. Discipline problems galore & nothing was being done about it! No way any child can learn in this atmosphere. Music program was one of the best in the state. Not enough athletic programs available for 6th graders, but what they have are good. PTA is outstanding. We now have our daughter in a private school & is on the 'A' Honor Roll.

Roland-Grise Middle School
4412 Lake Ave, Wilmington, NC  28403
Last modified Roland-Grise Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roland-Grise Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.