Posted June 06, 2013
We have been nothing but pleased with the excitement and commitment we have experienced from the teachers and administration! We belong to a community at Bellamy Elementary...a community of parents, teachers and students all working together to make our school great!

Posted July 26, 2011
Bellamy Elementary has quality teachers, strong academics, a unique character development program, and an overall high morale in the atmosphere. Volunteering in the school has been a joy. The teachers tailor the academics to each child's level and needs, from those needing extra help to the students who excel and need greater challenges. We have been very pleased with Bellamy Elementary.

Posted March 18, 2009
I love this school! Dr. Bryant is a wonderful principal, the children love him..That says alot about the principal. I have been blessed for my son to have such great teachers there. The office staff is just as wonderful... I wish he could stay there the whole 12 years. I feel is well taken care of in every way. Dealing with a child with ADD everyone there is supportive and helpful in every way they can. Shout out goes to Mrs. B. Harris who is wonderful... In closing I would have him nowhere else!

Heyward C Bellamy Elementary 4

Posted July 04, 2008
I agree whole-heartedly that Mr. Bryant is a great principle. Not only does he interact with the kids and know them by name....but he disciplines very well. He does not let the kids bully other kids. He is very adament about children of all races performing equally on tests. The academics are not as strong as I would like though but I think that's true in most New Hanover County schools.

Posted November 06, 2007
This school is wonderful. We couldn't be happier. Mr Bryant is a wonderful principal and all of our daughter's teachers have been excellent. She is way above grade level in her studies. Thanks to all at Bellamy for providing such a great learning environment!

Posted May 26, 2007
I love this school. Mr. Bryant is an example of what a wonderful principal is and should be. I think I've seen him in his office 1x. He is always out and about interacting with the students. The teachers have always been wonderful and kept open lines of communication.

Posted September 19, 2006

Posted April 19, 2006
This is an excellent school to enroll your children in. The principal, Mr. Bryant, takes pride and shows great interest in all his students. He even knows them all by their names. All three of my children have been educated at this school, and they continue as straight A students now that they are in middle school.

Heyward C Bellamy Elementary
70 Sanders Road, Wilmington, NC  28412
(910) 350-2039
Last modified Heyward C Bellamy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heyward C Bellamy Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.