Bad
Good

My son attends Bellamy and has a GREAT teacher, Mr. Vande Veer. You can tell how much the team there really cares about the children and their learning. My son says it should be rated 100 stars!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school teaches the 7 habits which seems to really work. They also have a "kind kid" program which also helps promote the pay it forward attitude in the students.

We have been nothing but pleased with the excitement and commitment we have experienced from the teachers and administration! We belong to a community at Bellamy Elementary...a community of parents, teachers and students all working together to make our school great!

Bellamy Elementary has quality teachers, strong academics, a unique character development program, and an overall high morale in the atmosphere. Volunteering in the school has been a joy. The teachers tailor the academics to each child's level and needs, from those needing extra help to the students who excel and need greater challenges. We have been very pleased with Bellamy Elementary.

I love this school! Dr. Bryant is a wonderful principal, the children love him..That says alot about the principal. I have been blessed for my son to have such great teachers there. The office staff is just as wonderful... I wish he could stay there the whole 12 years. I feel is well taken care of in every way. Dealing with a child with ADD everyone there is supportive and helpful in every way they can. Shout out goes to Mrs. B. Harris who is wonderful... In closing I would have him nowhere else!

I agree whole-heartedly that Mr. Bryant is a great principle. Not only does he interact with the kids and know them by name....but he disciplines very well. He does not let the kids bully other kids. He is very adament about children of all races performing equally on tests. The academics are not as strong as I would like though but I think that's true in most New Hanover County schools.

This school is wonderful. We couldn't be happier. Mr Bryant is a wonderful principal and all of our daughter's teachers have been excellent. She is way above grade level in her studies. Thanks to all at Bellamy for providing such a great learning environment!

I love this school. Mr. Bryant is an example of what a wonderful principal is and should be. I think I've seen him in his office 1x. He is always out and about interacting with the students. The teachers have always been wonderful and kept open lines of communication.

Last modified Heyward C Bellamy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.