Wilmington, NC

Posted August 19, 2014
I absolutely love the staff and teachers here at Codington! They are amazing and teach the children what they need in fun & creative ways. Facility is great and they use up to-date equipment which is nice for the children as technology advances. I would recommend this school to anyone! I only wished the grade levels went through 8th grade!

Posted August 23, 2013
My school is Codington. it is an amazing school with dedicated teachers. They care about their students and work with each individual needs. excellent leadership. Love Mrs. Fornelli and Mrs. Durante.

Dr John Codington Elementary 1

Posted August 14, 2012
I read all the great things about this school off of this site. I was so excited when my son got in! Then reality set in. I have found that the principal is only counting down days to retirement. He does not like to get involved. When will he ever fix this bullying issue they have?! The teachers are extremely spoiled which is likely from the great parent involvement at this school, however, just because you are used to getting something does not mean you always will. Be grateful! I volunteer daily at this school. I feel sorry for the new children that come to this school unprepared for how fast paced Codington is. If students are not ready they are placed in a lower grade level for part of the day in the spring and then retained the following year rather than teaching them to start with. I know there are some great reviews on this site about this school, these are my personal experiences. If Codington recommends retention for your child get a second opinion and fight it. They use retention as a crutch and it kills the spirit of those children! There are so many things that could be improved upon at this school, not everything about them is all that great. I would not recommend!

Posted October 20, 2009
Its a wonderful school and my children love it

Posted September 19, 2009
It is a happy school, organized, and an environment for learning and fun.

Posted September 18, 2009
Because of the support they gave me and my son during his diagnosis of ADHD.

Posted September 17, 2009
We have very dedicated staff and teachers that truly care about our children. This includes our bus drivers, cafeteria workers, and custodial staff. Our school is the cleanest and safesty in the county thanks to everyone that is involved in our school. Even with recent budget cuts, our staff and parents' commitment to the school is endless and the heartfelt appreciation and teamwork is fantastic. We always achieve 100% PTA membership and our scores are amongst the highest in the state. Our children are kind and well behaved children and thrive from the level of involvement of our parents in our school. We love our school. It is the best!

Posted September 17, 2009
The energy and enthusiam the teacher's bring into the minds of our students makes learning enjoyable and inspires them to be good people. Codington is a shining star of good public education.

Posted September 17, 2009
Codington Elementary is gifted with wonderful and committed teachers and staff. A year round school that consistently ranks at the top for student scoring in the state.

Posted September 17, 2009
My family loves Codington because of the amazing sense of belonging. Everyone in the school, parents, kids, faculty alike, feel like we are a big family! All of us are joined together to make our children's elementary school experience the most of what it can be!

4321 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC  28412
Last modified Dr John Codington Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr John Codington Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top