Posted August 19, 2014
I absolutely love the staff and teachers here at Codington! They are amazing and teach the children what they need in fun & creative ways. Facility is great and they use up to-date equipment which is nice for the children as technology advances. I would recommend this school to anyone! I only wished the grade levels went through 8th grade!

Posted August 23, 2013
My school is Codington. it is an amazing school with dedicated teachers. They care about their students and work with each individual needs. excellent leadership. Love Mrs. Fornelli and Mrs. Durante.

Posted October 20, 2009
Its a wonderful school and my children love it

Posted September 19, 2009
It is a happy school, organized, and an environment for learning and fun.

Posted September 18, 2009
Because of the support they gave me and my son during his diagnosis of ADHD.

Posted September 17, 2009
We have very dedicated staff and teachers that truly care about our children. This includes our bus drivers, cafeteria workers, and custodial staff. Our school is the cleanest and safesty in the county thanks to everyone that is involved in our school. Even with recent budget cuts, our staff and parents' commitment to the school is endless and the heartfelt appreciation and teamwork is fantastic. We always achieve 100% PTA membership and our scores are amongst the highest in the state. Our children are kind and well behaved children and thrive from the level of involvement of our parents in our school. We love our school. It is the best!

Posted September 17, 2009
The energy and enthusiam the teacher's bring into the minds of our students makes learning enjoyable and inspires them to be good people. Codington is a shining star of good public education.

Posted September 17, 2009
Codington Elementary is gifted with wonderful and committed teachers and staff. A year round school that consistently ranks at the top for student scoring in the state.

Posted September 17, 2009
My family loves Codington because of the amazing sense of belonging. Everyone in the school, parents, kids, faculty alike, feel like we are a big family! All of us are joined together to make our children's elementary school experience the most of what it can be!

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Codington school because the classroom teachers and the special education teacher are excellent. Mrs. Delo is the best teacher my son Jonathan has ever had. She is great with a child who has special learning needs. Ms. Pridgen has extension knowledge on research based reading programs and how to match them to a child learning needs. Mrs. Buchanan truly cares about my child and is dertermined to ensure is education is a success. In a nut shell... the school puts the children and their learning needs first.. that is why they are so successful and achieve "school of excellence" every year.

Dr John Codington Elementary
4321 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC  28412
Last modified Dr John Codington Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr John Codington Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.