K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 03, 2015
Cape Fear Academy has everything we want in a school. Our daughter loves CFA, and we've watched her self- confidence grow by leaps and bounds in her six years here. There are so many opportunities to shine at Cape Fear-whether its in the classroom, on a stage, in student government, on a sports field or even on an overnight field trip. The financial investment is worth every penny. There is a genuine feeling of caring and respect between the students, faculty and parents. I'd highly recommend CFA to anyone wanting a quality education for their child. We couldn't be happier with this school.

Posted November 29, 2013
Everyone is very friendly and the teachers want the best for you. Everyone there wants to see you succeed. They give you life skills and prepare you very well for college. This is my second year, and i encourage anyone who wants to go to CFA to apply. I couldnt be happier at this school.

Posted November 24, 2013
We transferred our daughter to CFA for her sophomore year from out of town and couldn't be happier. She was paired with a buddy who immediately helped her feel welcome. The teachers are a wonderful balance of challenging and nurturing. Academic offerings are impressive. Ample opportunity to be involved in sports, theater, community service, and a bunch of other fun clubs. Code of conduct is based on trust and the honor system. Great communication between teachers, staff, and parents. Summer programs for all ages. A vibrant and diverse community of which we are glad to be a part.

Posted September 04, 2013
We currently have 3 children at Cape Fear Academy and the experience has been wonderful. We moved from a larger city to Wilmington a couple of years ago and more than anything else Cape Fear made the transition smooth for our children. The staff from top to bottom are first class. The school has its priorities straight and they make all feel welcome.

Posted May 15, 2012
I have had 3 children at Cape Fear Academy since Kindergarten. I can honestly say that the academics have been very challenging thus far. My oldest daughter is currently completing her first year of Middle School and I can see that she has truly developed excellent study habits and she is reaping the rewards of her hard work with great pleasure. The CFA Lower School prepared her for the work load and academic demands of Middle School. It has been worth every dollar invested and every sacrifice taken to give my children the best education in town. From my personal comparisons, it seems as if CFA manages to stay academically ahead of other schools in the area by a minimum of 1 year and by 2 years in certain subjects. The small class sizes, teacher-to-student ratios, parent involvement, and additional skills teachers make CFA a strong competitor in the private sector. I am thankful and proud to be a part of such a great organization.

Posted February 22, 2011
Ten years ago, soon after we moved to Wilmington, my wife and I were invited to meet with school administrators to discuss our expectations of Cape Fear Academy as our school of choice for our children. Our message at the time was simple and straightforward: our kids will one day compete on a global stage so we expect their education to be competitive with like schools across the nation. Last week we learned that five CFA Seniors were named National Merit Scholarship Finalists. Nine percent of the Class of 2011 placed in the top 1% of their US peer group who took the PSAT last year. Numbers do not deceive.....those statistics are impressive any way you slice them. We would like to personally commend the entire CFA staff for developing and implementing a regional academic program that enables CFA students to achieve at the highest level. In the past, when programs have not measured up to a strong national standard, the school made the appropriate adjustments to insure improvement. This is all we can ask for. I congratulate them for delivering on a challenge set forth a decade ago.

Posted January 26, 2011
Cape Fear Academy is so much more than a school. It is a future builder. Everyday and I mean every single day, it is absolutely apparent that my husband and I have made the exact right decision in sending our child to CFA. And for us that decision came with some sacrifices, but it is so worth it. We have watched our little girl grow in confidence as her mind expands to the world of learning. She is challenged to do her best and beat her best, everyday. We are thrilled with the support and guidance our child and our family receive from both teachers and the administrators. As we ready ourselves and our second child to begin his school career, we are so comforted and, quite frankly, amazed at the completely open, honest and direct discussions we are able to have with members of the admissions team, administrators and teachers about what is right for our son now and what are the best steps to take for his future.

Posted August 23, 2010
I have children in Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools at Cape Fear Academy. This school has become so much more than an educational institution for our family. It is home. It is comfortable. It is challenging. It provides opportunity. And, it provides nurturing, not only for our children, but also for entire families. I am so thankful to be able to have my children there.

Cape Fear Academy

Posted October 03, 2009
Not only is the the quality of education outstanding at CFA, the faculty and staff are actively caring and compassionate. My daughter is truly being educated 'by heart.' I can think of no better education.

Posted December 23, 2007
As parents of minority children, we had some concerns about CFA -- it had originally been founded as a 'white flight' school when Wilmington public schools desegregated in the early '70s. But we could not ignore the school's reputation for academic excellence. We wanted the best for our children and decided to risk the potential racism as a tradeoff against the advantages of attending such a rigorous school. We're happy to say our fears of prejudice were unfounded. All three of our children have thrived at CFA -- a school which is as supportive as it is demanding. Furthermore, as CFA graduates, they had no difficulty in gaining admission into the colleges of their choice. We won't pretend making the tuition was not a sacrifice, but it was an investment that has paid off very well indeed.

Cape Fear Academy