PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Wilmington Christian Academy
Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 20, 2016
Mr. Barren Nobles!! THANK YOU for over 20 years of dedicated service to WCA! We appreciate ALL YOU DO!!

Posted July 20, 2016
Wonderful Christ-centered faculty and staff that are committed to the students at WCA! Truly an amazing place!

Posted November 26, 2014
WCA is a great place for you children to be educated, cared for, and discipled.

Posted November 20, 2014
Best school in the area. Really, there's no comparison. WCA excels in every category: Sports, fine arts, academics, discipline, spiritual...

Posted November 19, 2014
Awesome school compared to the other local private/christian schools. Definitely better than the north carolina 'government' schools!!! Got a little tired of the uniforms but I get why they have them. I really bonded to my teachers. Most of them. Some are a little hard on the students but I think they really want the best for us. Someone wrote a review about bullying. I was in public schools up through middle school. There was bullying everyday. I think all kids everywhere do that. I felt safe at WCA. I never felt safe at my public schools. I can't imagine that bullying was just let go unpunished... especially because of money??? Where did that come from? WCA is less expensive than all the other private schools in the area... I think that was a parent who was just overprotective of their kid.

Posted November 17, 2014
I've had three children go through this school from kindergarten through graduation. I've personally known every teacher, staff, administrator and most janitors. Every one of them works at the school for significantly less money than they could get elsewhere. That fact alone completely amazes me - that they could be so dedicated, so serving, so caring, so loving. - to each other, to the parents and to the students. Not one is perfect. A few have thankfully moved on. Those that remain are doing a fantastic job shaping young lives. Yes, there are uniforms, rules, discipline, chapel, expectations, homework, etc... There is also the same problems you'll find everywhere you find children. AND the same problems you'll find everywhere you find parents. And no, the school can't solve all those problems. (Read the "helicopter-parent" reviews further down the list... the ones with 1 & 2 stars). But, if you're looking for a highly successful (been around for 47 years!?!), reasonably-priced, distinctively Christian education for your children - this is the place.

Wilmington Christian Academy 1

Posted September 13, 2014
Bullying seems to be a reoccurring problem at this school. Faculty seems to turn a blind eye trumped by $$$. Make sure your kid is thick-skinned if you enroll them at this school.

Wilmington Christian Academy 1

Posted August 30, 2014
NEPOTISM and SANCTIMONIOUS....Do your research parents, ask around. Unfortunately we ignored people's remarks and stories.

Posted June 20, 2014
Where do I begin? The momemnt we began we felt the love, acceptance, and genuine LOVE for our son who began in pre-k. With a firm belief in God, yet OPEN ACCEPTANCE to all beliefs, this was the best place we could have placed our son. Such a well rounded curriculum of music, spanish, reading, math, our son was reading on a 1st grade level at the age of 4!! Can not say enough about this school! If you can get Mrs. Attoe for PreK4, DO IT. You will never forget her..she is amazing, dedicated, and truly a gift.

Posted June 10, 2013
WCA is a wonderful school! My niece has just blossomed since starting at the school as a four year old (she is an 8th grader now). The school has equipped her not only academically, but more importantly spiritually as she becomes a young Christian woman. Keeping her at this school has become a priority for our family and I am so thankful for the faculty and staff that work so hard to disciple the children that WCA and equip them for their future!!

Wilmington Christian Academy
1401 N College Rd, Wilmington, NC  28405
Last modified Wilmington Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12