Posted June 20, 2014
Where do I begin? The momemnt we began we felt the love, acceptance, and genuine LOVE for our son who began in pre-k. With a firm belief in God, yet OPEN ACCEPTANCE to all beliefs, this was the best place we could have placed our son. Such a well rounded curriculum of music, spanish, reading, math, our son was reading on a 1st grade level at the age of 4!! Can not say enough about this school! If you can get Mrs. Attoe for PreK4, DO IT. You will never forget her..she is amazing, dedicated, and truly a gift.

Posted June 10, 2013
WCA is a wonderful school! My niece has just blossomed since starting at the school as a four year old (she is an 8th grader now). The school has equipped her not only academically, but more importantly spiritually as she becomes a young Christian woman. Keeping her at this school has become a priority for our family and I am so thankful for the faculty and staff that work so hard to disciple the children that WCA and equip them for their future!!

Posted March 08, 2013
I randomly came on this site and saw several negative comments and I feel like those comments give the wrong view of WCA. I went to WCA from K4 all the way through high school and loved it! The leadership is excellent. I graduated 4 years ago and have seen many changes to improve technology, program, and student body spirit. Some of the godliest people I have ever met are the teachers and staff at WCA. Many of the teachers became my mentors. I knew I could talk to them after school hours about any spiritual or personal issue I was dealing with. To give a realistic view, I did not have a positive experience with every teacher, but overall I was able to establish personal relationships with the staff, faculty, and administration. Academically I received an excellent education and I was more prepared for college then most of the freshman at my university. WCA also has an excellent fine arts, sports, and community outreach program which I had the opportunity to participate in. WCA encourages their students to become well-rounded individuals and to love the Lord. I would definitely recommend WCA!

Posted February 06, 2013
So thankful for WCA! My son has attended since the age of 4 (over 7 years now) and I cannot express how impressed I am with the administration, faculty and staff at the school. Christ is truly exemplified though academics, athletics and extra curricular activities. Can't imagine having my son attend anywhere else!!

Wilmington Christian Academy 2

Posted November 13, 2012
We had two children attend WCA after moving to Wilmington. Our youngest had a good first year in the fifth grade. However, her middle school years were not as you would think they would be at a Christian school. Each day she was bullied in the locker room by girls who would ask her over and over about religious issues; like which church did she attend, and did she believe in god, etc.. In addition, she had one of her "friends" text and call her nightly trying to get drama started. I would have to tell my daughter to ignore the calls and messages each evening and pretend that she did not receive them at school the next day. In addition, every day when I would pick her up from school we would have to have a session in the car where I reminded her to forgive other students poor behavior by staying polite and avoid others who did not know how to behave as Christians. Several times things that belonged to my daughter would be taken by other students, mostly school supplies. And then there was the cheating on tests by other students that I would have to hear about as well . We chose another option for high school.

Posted June 15, 2012
If you want a Christ-centered, academically challenging learning environment for your child, then Wilmington Christian Academy is the place for you! As a staff member, I know that WCA has faithfully served the Wilmington community for over 43 years and plans to continue strong in the years to come. What better testimony for any work place than that a high majority of alumni have grown up and graduated from WCA, pursued their credentials at the post secondary and graduate levels and then ELECTED to return to their Alma mater to work and raise their OWN children at WCA. Honestly, there is no greater testimony than that! I am so thankful for WCA and feel truly humbled and honored to work in such a wonderful place.

Wilmington Christian Academy 3

Posted May 20, 2012
Academically, this school is on top of things. If you send your kids here, they're challenged. The school offers a variety of sports and activities and I've no doubt any student would be academically prepared for college with extracurriculars under his/her belt as well. However, some of the teachers are obviously burned out. While there are a handful of loving, genuinely concerned teachers, many lack communication skills with parents and seem irritated by the students (and often convey that quite clearly). I've seen a fair amount of legalism among some of the younger bible teachers as well. While it's easy to lean on our own convictions, it's so important to stick with what God's word actually says. We're disappointed in the lack of Christilike love shown from a large portion of the staff. To be fair, this was just our experience and others have been happy here. Members of Grace Baptist seem to have a much better experience.

Wilmington Christian Academy 2

Posted April 19, 2012
This school provides great test results overall, and my child got a good foundation there for the first couple of years in school. However, 4th grade needs serious restructuring as the female teacher involved is rude, discouraging and caused serious concerns for us as parents. We have NEVER had our child, who is gifted & a great asset to any school, feel so defeated before. There were also "bullying" issues that weren't really addressed, but instead swept under the rug. It's a shame, because they really do focus on academics. Unfortunately, schooling is more than just academics. It's an overall experience that will mold your child for life. Hopefully, the Headmasters will consider some changes for the best.

Posted January 16, 2011
I have two daughters who have attended WCA for their entire educational career. I would have it no other way. The godly teachers care for all of their students. I have been able to talk to any teacher or administrator until my concerns were solved. I would not send my child to any other place in Wilmington. WCA is a GREAT place to educate your child with no worries.

Posted May 24, 2010
Our son has been attending this school since he was in K5 kindergarten. He has learned so much academically and bibically. My son has several friends in public schools, and he is much more advanced. The curriculm is great, and is teaching them the basics that they need for life. There is so much parent involvement, and the teachers and staff are great. They always take the opportunity to talk to you if you have concerns or just want to see how things are going. It is a small school and you really know what is going on. God has really blessed this school for 40 years because of the standards they hold. I love the fact that they can and do discipline and hold each child responsible for their actions. This school is great academically, biblically, and teaches character, which is what our society is lacking these days. Thanks!!

Contact Information

1401 N College Rd
Wilmington, NC 28405

School website

Wilmington Christian Academy
1401 N College Rd, Wilmington, NC  28405
Last modified Wilmington Christian Academy is a private school that serves grades PK-12
Wilmington Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.