Public charter
Wilmington, NC

Cape Fear Center For Inquiry 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Most of the teachers go above and beyond for the kids. The Ec dept is an awesome group who work really hard to make sure the kids get what they need while still being productive in a regular setting. The administration seems to care more about being a social butterfly than ensuring the safety of the kids. Often there are no crossing guards in the mornings for walkers. Rules are not always followed or enforced. I rate it a 3 due to many safety issues and administration's lack of concern about it.

Posted September 26, 2013
Cape fear center for Inquiry has been an amazing learning environment for you three children. The each have a love for learning that I would never have imagined. We are bless to have such general Ed teachers and EC teachers are suburb and the teachers assistants are qualified teachers.

Posted July 15, 2013
CFCI is hands down the best choice I could have ever made for my child. The staff are caring and understanding of each child which makes them more like family. Parent involvement is greatly encouraged and often happens without teachers even asking! Great community and the best students. Teachers who instill confidence, compassion, and intelligence of the children here are what make CFCI flourish!

Posted June 03, 2013
We transferred our daughter via lottery selection from a Title one public school in the 2nd grade last year. She is now in 3rd grade at CFCI. It has been the BEST decision we have made towards her education. She went from being just BARELY at grade level to above grade level in just the 2 years she has been there. She continues to improve everyday. The teachers are AWESOME!!!

Posted June 03, 2013
We tried to get into this school since before Kindergarten, because the reputation in our community is outstanding. We finally were able to "win" the lottery for first grade, and have been here 2 years. The progress my daughter has made is amazing. I cannot believe how she reads, is able to compute math problems in her head, and relate to her peers with kindness and caring. The director and teachers are outstanding and always available. This free, public school is one thousand times better than our most expensive private school in the area - I am so thankful we are able to attend. I know we are setting our child up to be a wonderful scholar and lifelong researcher and learner!

Cape Fear Center For Inquiry 4

Posted June 03, 2013
The social curriculum and wonderful community is what keeps us at CFCI. The teachers have much more freedom at this school to implement the academic curriculum which can be wonderful or a detriment depending on the teacher. The students keep the same teacher for two years until 6th grade. This was wonderful for K-1 but I think the kids could benefit from switching teachers every year after that. The small class sizes and no cafeteria are a plus!

Posted January 10, 2013
I love this school!! Both of my children are students here. The sense of community and students, parents, and very importantly teachers are wonderful. In our so far 9 years with CFCI there have been NO major complaints that I as a parent have had, and the minor ones were addressed, resolutions to problems actually occur here. If you are looking for a school with a strong sense of community and the best teaching programs in our area, this is it (for us, anyway).

Posted October 22, 2012
This school has done an excellent job of creating a nurturing cozy environment while also challenging students to think independently. Test scores are fantastic here despite the fact that they do not "teach to the test". There are no textbooks and there is very little homework, but students here are prepared in ways that are rivaled only by the two best private schools in town. The social curriculum emphasized over the first 6 weeks creates a respectful and cooperative bully-free environment, perhaps aided by the fact that all of the children at CFCI are there by choice. It lacks the large sports facilities of other public schools, but it does have a gym for PE and band performances. There is also first rate support for "exceptional" children, i.e. kids with ADD or other similar issues. This is essentially a private school experience without the expense.

Posted July 08, 2012
This school is amazing! Every child is cared for, and the kids are so nice. The classes are small, so the teacher can really concentrate on each child's learning. The teachers are kind, and know how to teach the fun way. It's a little advanced in learning, but both my children (on now in 10th, and one in 6th) were able to catch right up. I definitely recommend this school to everyone.

Cape Fear Center For Inquiry 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I love that my children are valued as individuals & that teachers are able to have the freedom to bring out the best in the kids!

Cape Fear Center For Inquiry
2525 Wonder Way, Wilmington, NC  28403
Last modified Cape Fear Center For Inquiry is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cape Fear Center For Inquiry Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top