Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We have attended Anderson since 2013 and we loved this school! During this past year, 2016-2017, the school has a new principle.... and what a HUGE difference in the school overall! Not a GOOD difference! The parent/ teacher communication and fallen drastically and trying to speak with the principle... well that's just not going to happen. We've been told things like "You need to handle it with the teacher" and "I'm too busy." How do you handle issues with a teacher that doesn't communicate but 1-2 word responses to emails? Not to mention, one girl in my daughters class had been bullying several other stundents in the class. One student's mom is changing schools, another student desk was moved after days of leaving in tears and several other students leaving school upset. And not one thing has been done about this student. The third grade teachers seem super slack, after all, they have departmentalized so less work load for them, huh? My opinion is that third graders are NOT ready for this. Why have more change when they are starting testing during this crucial year. And the principle has a bad teenager-like attitude! Ask other parents! I have and my opinion does not stand alone!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Excellent! Teachers and staff are very approachable when dealing with any issues! They also put in an Excellent anti bullying program in place called "Rachel's Challenge"!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Caring, Compassionate, Creative Very Well Educated Teachers and Staff! They truly care about each and every students education! Great Communication with Parents! Latest Technology, Newer School that's very Clean and safe! Excellent! My son started Anderson in Kindergarten and is now in the 5th Grade... Can't say enough wonderful things about Anderson!

Effective school leaders: Agree

Develops character: Agree

After a horrible year of Kindergarten in Pitt County, our daughter started first grade at Anderson in the fall of 2013. The difference was remarkable! She hated Kindergarten; would fight me daily about going. She LOVES Anderson! She made friends immediately and she loved her teachers. My husband and I couldn't be happier either. I am impressed with the material she is able to learn and how well she is doing, both academically and socially. It was a difficult decision to move, but I know it was the right one.

My daughter started here this school year (2014), she has always had trouble with making friends at her other schools. Not so here. On her first day, she couldn't count how many new friends she made. She has felt Included, confident, and has adjusted quite well. So, what I can assess is that the overall experience of the students are positive. The kids seem caring, and happy. Also, the school lunches I hear are really good, her and her friends all say so. If she's happy, then so am I. 4 stars thus far.

I never thought I would say this but we ALL love this school!!!!! My kids never wanted to go to school until we moved & started attending Anderson... Now they don't want to miss a day & since we're on summer vaca they can't wait to go back! Great schools & teachers are hard to come by, I am so very thankful for all that they have done & keep doing for our children! I also love the fact that it is so safe there too! They are always aware of who is coming in & out of their doors & they actually know our children by name most of the time which is Awesome & rare :)

I have three children enrolled in Anderson and have nothing but good things to say. The teachers always communicate and the school nurse is spectacular!! I unfortunately did have a bad experience with one teacher. However, that does not deserve a negative opinion of the entire school. Every other teacher will, and has, received wonderful praise from me. Thank you Anderson Teachers.

Last modified Edwin A. Anderson Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.