Edwin A. Anderson Elementary 5

Posted August 06, 2014
After a horrible year of Kindergarten in Pitt County, our daughter started first grade at Anderson in the fall of 2013. The difference was remarkable! She hated Kindergarten; would fight me daily about going. She LOVES Anderson! She made friends immediately and she loved her teachers. My husband and I couldn't be happier either. I am impressed with the material she is able to learn and how well she is doing, both academically and socially. It was a difficult decision to move, but I know it was the right one.

Posted January 26, 2014
My daughter started here this school year (2014), she has always had trouble with making friends at her other schools. Not so here. On her first day, she couldn't count how many new friends she made. She has felt Included, confident, and has adjusted quite well. So, what I can assess is that the overall experience of the students are positive. The kids seem caring, and happy. Also, the school lunches I hear are really good, her and her friends all say so. If she's happy, then so am I. 4 stars thus far.

Edwin A. Anderson Elementary 5

Posted November 02, 2009
I have three children enrolled in Anderson and have nothing but good things to say. The teachers always communicate and the school nurse is spectacular!! I unfortunately did have a bad experience with one teacher. However, that does not deserve a negative opinion of the entire school. Every other teacher will, and has, received wonderful praise from me. Thank you Anderson Teachers.

Posted July 27, 2009
My child has attended this school for the last two years to include Kindergarten and First Grade. Both teachers and the Teacher Assistants were outstanding and caring. They spent the time to get to know my son and what learning style worked best for him and tried to accommodate. They communicated well with me and would follow up with me in a timely fashion when ever I had questions. Anderson staff sent home a request for input regarding how safe we felt the school was and what, if any, suggestions we had for improvements. The school is always clean and the cafeteria offers good food at a reasonable price. The staff has always been friendly to our family and I have never seen them treat anyone in a rude or unprofessional manner. I also love the fact that they have staff and students outside in the mornings to help get the children out of the vehicles when they are dropped off.

Posted July 11, 2009
I think this has to be one of the worst schools I have ever had my children in. There were times I had to go inside the school to pick up my children and felt sick to my stomach because the bad attitudes from faculty and staff. My children suffered greatly educationally and emotionally at this school. I'm still in this district and refuse to send them back. When your child is picked on in front of the class, teachers never respond, and the overall attitude is bad, how could they learn. Without my help and family my children would have been left behind. The clicks and attitudes are just horrible. I'm so glad to be able to give my kids a second chance at a better education elsewhere.

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
The staff at Anderson has been supportive in every way. The administration has an open door policy and I have always been able to talk about any topic with the principal. I was surprised to see the other reviews and I guess they were venting because of something that did not go their way. But in my experience and from what I hear from others, the principal is more than willing to listen and makes decisions fairly and with compassion for all students.

Posted January 12, 2009
Anderson's administration is amazing and I cannot express how wonderful this school is enough to anybody. The instruction is quality, the principal is fantastic and expects results, but in a caring and compassionate manner. Fantastic school.

Posted January 12, 2009
I am so happy and honored that my child attends this school. The administration is outstanding and the leadership by the principal, simply amazing. My children look forward to going to school daily and the level of instruction is high. A great school in every way.

Posted January 02, 2009
Pulled my daughter out in middle of school year. I feel the quality of the education should be looked at and teachers re- evaluated.

Edwin A. Anderson Elementary
455 Halyburton Memorial Parkway, Wilmington, NC  28412
Last modified Edwin A. Anderson Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edwin A. Anderson Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.