Posted May 08, 2014
The Castle is the best elementary school in New Hanover County. The school is Title One, yet still one of the highest achieving schools in student growth in the county. The administration hires a mix of highly qualified and experienced master teachers and young enthusiastic new comers to create an environment of competence and nurture. The students are so well behaved and respectful and it is a direct reflection of the adults in the building. This is a school community of which I am beyond proud to be a member. Go Hurricanes!

Posted August 18, 2013
We moved to the north Wilmington area in 2011 from Raleigh. My son was starting Kindergarten & had an IEP. They were very welcoming & helpful with all the challenges we came with. My son has skyrocketed since coming here. They challenge him, get to know him & his needs.. Both his teachers were amazing!! In just 2 short years, we were able to cut his IEP to the point where he needs little help. He has caught up to his classmates & is doing amazingly well. We where sad to leave, when we moved to a new school. Castle Hayne is a great school!

Posted July 02, 2012
The principal is the best, and she has brought the best teachers with her to this new school! Parent involvement is low; however, the parents who are involved are amazing!!

Posted March 27, 2012
THIS IS MY SONS 1ST YR (K) A PTA PARENT & VOLUNTEER AM VERY HAPPY .. THEY ARE A NO TOLERANCE SCHOOL & ARE COMPASSIONATE . IT IS A STRICT SCHOOL WHICH I BELIEVE IN THIS AGE NEED TO BE. I SEE SO KIDS LOOKING FOR ATTENTION IN A NEGATIVE WAY BUT WHEN REINFORCED IN A POSSITIVE WAY THEY ARE LOVING IT AND GIVE YOU RESPECT AND CARRY IT OUT TO HOME AND THE PARENTS LOVE IT. THE TEACHERS TEACH DIFFICULT THINGS TO PREPARE OUR KIDS FOR THE FUTURE AS THEY ARE THE NEXT GENERATION.. I LOVE THE STAFF ALL OF THEM. I HIGHLY SUGGEST OUR SCHOOL TO ANY PARENT FOR THEIR CHILDREN. THE SECURITY TO CHECK YOUR CHILD IN AND OUT AND ENTER THE SCHOOL IS AMAZING SOME PARENTS FIND IT OFFENSIVE BUT WITH ALL WE SEE HAPPENING IN THIS WORLD OUR KIDS ARE SAFE AND WE KNOW ONLY WE OR AN APPROVED FAMILY OR FRIEND CAN RELEASE IF NEEDED.. I LOVE THE SPECIALS THEY HAVE FOR THE KIDS JONNY LOVES HIS MUSIC AND PE I LOVE ART AND MS GRAMP. TO BE APART OF THE LIBRARY WITH MS KIRBY IS VERY REWARDING TO ME AND TO BE ABLE TO HELP WITH THE READING IS WONDERFUL. IN THE FUTURE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE PARENTS GET INVOLVED BECAUSE I SEE HOW JONNY LOVES MY BEING THERE AS HE WORKS SO HARD TO MAKE ME AND HIS TEACHERS PROUD OF HIM.....

Posted May 01, 2011
Both of my children have been thrilled with their NEW school in Castle Hayne. The teachers, staff, and principal have worked so hard in creating a wonderful learning environment over the last two years since the school opened. The technology they are exposed to daily is unmatched by any other school in the county. There are also strong art and music programs. I would not hesitate to recommend Castle Hayne Elementary School to anyone who is looking for a challenging and caring environment for their student.

Castle Hayne Elementary
3925 Roger Haynes Drive, Wilmington, NC  28429
Last modified Castle Hayne Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Hayne Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.