Sallie B Howard School 2

Posted March 22, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever had any association with .The administration is poor and the school is disorganized. Everything is done in an unprofessional manner.There is a high staff turnover every year .Teachers are not shown any respect.Their nurtured heart discipline measure is a big failure.Lots of state and federal guidelines and laws are not met or followed.They employ large numbers of foreign teachers who stay because they dont have a choice.Some of them are employed without proper documentation until their documentation is process and told they are going to be paid upon receiving their paperwork but are never paid.Some work for at least three months and were never reimbursed.Free labor.I would not recommend this school to anyone and hope their illegal activities will be addressed by the proper authorities.

Posted February 17, 2014
Sallie B Howard School is an excellent school, especially when it is compared to the other schools in this area. They truly foster each child and their learning capabilities, and are open to parents being a part of the learning process. I see a couple of parents complaining about the school, but I have never seen staff be anything but professional with students, parents and each other. As for the homework load, it depends on the teacher that the student has, my daughter has been going since Kindergarten, and her homework load varied. But, she has maintained a A or A/B honor roll status since her first day of school. There are some children that do have behavioral issues, but in reality, all schools have this problem, not just Sallie B Howard. Many parents love to participate in the events that the school has and I wish it went higher than 8th grade. Overall, this school is wonderful,especially when compared to other local schools, and I have recommended parents send their kids to this school.

Posted August 17, 2013
This is the worst school that I have ever had the displeasure of allowing my child to attend. There are plenty of resources but a severe lack of professionalism from a lot of the staff. Its a very big school and looks great but its just an illusion. There was physical bullying and inappropriate language within the classrooms which I spoke to my child's teachers and even the principal about, yet nothing was done. Hardly any homework was given when my child attended, either. If you care about your child's education and well being, DO NOT send them to that school! Its a complete bait and switch routine so don't fall for it. There are too many kids with behavior issues that attend and it takes away from the kids who actually WANT to learn. Plus most of the teachers don't even try to motivate or challenge their students, academically speaking. I feel sorry for all the kids that are currently attending and for the parents who are completely oblivious to what's actually occurring within the school. My child will never return to Sallie B. Howard.

Posted June 22, 2013
I would never ever enroll my child again in this school. There's a lot of discrimination. their so called "nurtured heart approach" has never been practiced by their PE teacher nor by their directress,, such a shame.

Posted April 30, 2013
We love SBH we are from NY and this is the kind of school and teaching we are use to. The teachers are on point and the staff is so helpful. If you don't know anything about SBH except what you hear see for yourself and I am sure you will enroll your child .

Posted March 08, 2010

Sallie B Howard School 2

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted August 02, 2009

Posted November 25, 2008

Posted August 05, 2008

Sallie B Howard School
1004 Herring Ave, Wilson, NC  27893
Last modified Sallie B Howard School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sallie B Howard School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top