Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have 3 girls in the WSFCS. All three have or do attend Reynolds High School. My oldest graduated in June of 2015 from Reynolds, She loved it, and because of the amazing arts, and English teachers there, she is now at WSSU studying to be an English Teacher. All schools have problems, and Reynolds is not exception to that, however I have a 12th grader & a 11th grader there, and we love it. Leslie Alexander is a great principal. She truly cares about the students and she believes in them, and the potential that God has given all of them to succeed in life. I love the rich history of Reynolds, and the people that have graduated from there. If you look for one of the most sought after schools in NC Reynolds is it. It is a wide melting pot of students from all walks of NC.. I am proud of being a Reynolds Parent, and Proud that I will have 3 Reynolds Graduates. I looked long and hard before I chose Reynolds to make sure I had the girls in the best High School, and I God led me to Reynolds. Students who complain about the principal making them listen, only shows me that they have other issues, and their parents need to be in that. Love Reynolds...

Develops character: Strongly agree

I agree that it does.love Reynolds. My kids have grown tremendously there. go RJR amazing school

If you are considering RJR as your high school but can get into a different school, please do so. This school has a beautiful campus, but other than that, everything sucks. It's been going downhill for a couple of years, but now there is a new principle and she is determined to make this school a living hell for its students. It feels like I'm going to prison. She is awful. Please avoid this school. I am more than ready to get out of here & I would even transfer if I could.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It honestly varies from teacher to teacher. Some have a great lesson and activity planned for the day while others do boring/busy work.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Honestly, there's some classes that give a fair amount of homework, and this is usually because the teachers realize students have work and other after school responsibilities. Some teachers are just lazy and make you do most of the work outside of class. Depends on the teacher.

Develops character: Neutral

The kids at this school are good kids. Some need to be disciplined a little but other than that the student body is full of very proud Demons with lots of school pride.

We recently relocated to Winston Salem from a small town in Southwestern Virginia. To put the previous comment into perspective, we moved from a community that had a total population which matched the student population of Reynolds High School. Needless to say, I was concerned that my son would have a hard time dealing with such a change, but I am pleased to say that Reynolds has been an amazing experience for my son. The teachers are wonderful, and his fellow students welcomed him with open arms. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this school has been for my son. Also, I want to stress that my son is not a magnet student. Our home is zoned within the Reynolds High School district, and my son is a general education student. In summary, I feel that RJ Reynolds is an excellent high school, and parents should feel at ease about sending their child/children to this educational institution.

I see that my previous detailed review was removed from GreatSchools, unfortunately. In short, if you have a handicapped student, do not send them here! The campus is not accessible nor safe! Most of the honors classes are poorly controlled and very disruptive. I pulled both my kids out of school early in the 2013-14 school year for these reasons.

Reynolds HS is a HS of excellence... I have two students there and I work for the EC Division. I have seen my girls grown beyond measure at Reynolds. The school is amazing and the teachers truly care about your child. The arts program at Reynolds is also quite amazing. There are problems at all schools, and there will always be something that one or another does not like, but tour the school and see for yourself all the amazing opportunities that it has to offer your child. There will always be critics and naysayers but the truth speaks for its self when you see the caliber of students who come out of the school and the many famous people that have went to the school.

My children both went to RJR and their experiences were stellar. That has been quite a few years, and now that my grandson is a rising 9th grader, we looked at options and decided that RJR is still the best option. Great teachers, diverse student body, and professional staff/administration.

Last modified Reynolds High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.