Bad
Good

My son started in the remedial preschool program at Southfork Elementary. He had 2 great regular teachers. They were mature, enthusiastic and creative in teaching my son. He thoroughly enjoyed class, and I was greatly encouraged to participate in his growth, which resulted in him being moved to the regular program in about 2 years. He has had great teachers that have continued to promote his growth. The school has a very warm, friendly feeling about. There is so much support from the principal(s) and staff as well. It may not be a fancy school, but that is not what my son and I are after. It is well cared for and has attractive art and paintings for one to enjoy on the walls. Southfork Elementary is a school that will leave a lasting and pleasant memory in our hearts and minds.

This was first school in USA when we moved to this country. My daughter loved this school and her memories are still fresh. I like the way teachers supported students as well as parents to adjust well with new environment. I love this school and staff

I have a nine year old boy who has been attending South Fork since he was four years old through the More at Four Program. I agree with other posts that everyone know you by name. The teachers and faculty are great. I am a firm believer that parents play a very important part in the school's academic sucess because teachers need our support as much as we need their support. South Fork is a great school

I agree with the other post that South Fork is not the newest or prettiest school in the district, but I love the faculty and staff. It is so nice to walk in to the school and everyone knows you by name. All the teachers are so supportive of the children. No, it doesn't have the highest test scores, but I love that my children are exposed to so much diversity. South Fork is a great school that more people should appreciate.

This is my daughter's second year @ South Fork, her being a 1st grader. This school needs money for improvements and expansion, but the teachers....The teachers really care about the students and make due with what they have. My daughter has loved both her primary teachers as well as the teachers that do the 'specials' as she calls them. (music, media center, gym, etc) The teachers understand that raising and teaching children should be a joint effort and involve the parents in homework and class activities. It may not be the newest or prettiest school in Winston Salem, but it shines in all the areas that count.

Last modified South Fork Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.