Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is not a good school. After moving to this area we tried to place our children in Sherwood Forest Elementary due to the better ratings that school received compared to this one. Unfortunately since Speas was the "assigned" school for our area my children had to go here. The bus is frequently late picking the kids up, students are very rowdy and use profanity to each other and the teachers (no discipline), the staff is inconsistent and never knows what is going on. I get paperwork one day stating my child has been accepted to an HAG school for next year, then he is assigned to another school, then I receive an application so that he can go to an HAG school I previously agreed to! My daughter is learning how to say numbers in French in her gym class, and her speech has degraded terribly since attending this school. After attending the Poetry Café almost all of the students mumble, rock back and forth when speaking and do not speak intelligently. Long story short this is a terrible school and after attending for almost a year the “2” rating I noticed on the Great Schools website in July 2016 definitely shows. I am happy my children will be attending a new school next year where they can truly be challenged in their studies and excel as they did in their previous school because that definitely will NOT happen here. If Speas is in your area for your children to attend, BEWARE. Try to go to the district to ask for a school reassignment, or if you have the funds enroll your children in a private school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

No, the students use profanity and since it continues along with their rowdy behavior in the class I can tell there is no discipline from the teachers end or they just don't care.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework does not challenge my children

I like the way Dr. reichart remebers every childs name. I like the fact that they are very caring they also have a student council. To see that in a school that is active is rare. My child has been going there since k-this is my childs last year and I love it. I also have another child who is attending now

I love the way all the teachers and all the school personal are involved in the childrens safety.

Last modified Speas Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.