Bad
Good

There are some good teachers here. However there is high turnover due to a toxic culture undercurrent created by administration. Teacher morale is very low. I will resign if my transfer does not go through.

Wiley was a disappointment. It has ineffective leadership and the overall communication from the school is poor.

This is a terrible school. I have never seen such ignorant kids. Most teachers are mediocre and rarely ever committed to see kids strive in school, because they know the students dont care anyway. Most of the kids dont know simple math, geography, etc. all they care about is being cool and making sure others acknowledge their stupidity. I've reported multiple incidents about being threatened,assaulted, etc. And all they ever do is simply tell the agressor, "Don't do that, it is bad." etc.. I want to do good in school, and I have. But I constantly get bullied for it by people who are dumber than me. I have also had stuff stolen from me. There isn't even a gifted program, because no kids there are smart enough to be considered gifted! It's pathetic, disgusting really. These children will never be anything because they will most likely be this way for the rest of the time they're in school (most of them will drop out of high school). While the administrators and teachers aren't committed to helping these kids, it's still mostly their fault that this school is trash. I plan on going to Paisley for 8th grade, and I hope it's better than this "school".

Wiley Middle School was a nightmare for my son and I was always stressed out due to some drama concerning the teachers who were allowed to bully and be abusive to the students. My son was labeled a "troublemaker" for simple acts of talking and lost the right to go to the bathroom for talking in the hallways where there is a "zero" volume tolerance. Front office staff is rude and concerns were ignored. The counseling staff is useless as they have no control over the teachers who are the main problem at this school. In the end, the main principal seemed to disappear and was not involved at all. He would appear to listen in the beginning and act concerned but he never acted to change anything and I see now he was ignoring our concerns by talking a good talk. Just as bad in another way is Jefferson Middle School where my son just recently transferred to. It is rated #1 but doesn't compare at all to the school my son attended in Virginia. At Jefferson the kids on the AG team are rude and spoiled and have treated my son terribly.

Fantastic and rare opportunity to have total integration of STEAM (science, technology,engineering,arts,math) in a problem based learning environment. These kids are learning to think and be real problem solvers, team players, communicators, and innovators . I have never seen more committed staff and leadership anywhere.

This is a awful school. If you are rich and support the school in some matter you will not have anything to worry about. This the most unfair some of the most unprofessional employees I have ever seen. This school need the state school officials to investigate and shut it down.

I am a student here and I just moved from Va and this is not a very good school.This school is like a prison or a millitary school.I am NOT joking.Unless you want your kid to be disiplined to the extreme or to not have freedom dont send them here.In my elementary school in Virginia I had more freedom that this middle school.They stress a concept called zero volume.The kids are not even allowed to whisper in the hallway thus making them want to talk in class.There is a pointless dress code also.This school is very strict, and frustrating.Is that what you want for your child? If your child does not like his school then that can lead to not having any motivation.I have never seen a school as bad as this and iwould not recomend it.

I would NEVER recommend any child to attend this school, thank goodness my chlld is smart and can figure out most his work by himself. It has been a nightmare for us. At least two of the 8th grade teaches just don't seem to have any patience. Of course he also has some good teachers. It's just nota middle school I coud recommend and feel good about it.

Wiley middle is not the best school in the world. The teachers there don't really teach. Think twice before you send your child there because there are better schools out there.

I have sent three kids through Wiley. Outstanding school, faculty and leadership. Much improved from years ago.

Last modified Wiley Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.