Public charter
Winston-Salem, NC

Posted July 15, 2013
My school is a wonderful. I came to Quality Education Academy (QEA) over 10 Years ago. Since that wonderful choice my parents made for my future I have not regretted joining the family. QEA has worked so hard to get me to the status I am at now academically. What I admire most about the staff of Quality Education is their determination to meet every individual need of the students. I will be graduating from the high school in the 2014. I plan to go to a college of my choice, not just a college that will accept me. I have well over a 3.0 GPA. Let me tell you just a little bit about QEA and what we have to offer your child. We opened our doors almost 20 years ago, and have been serving the community ever since. Our school was founded by Simon Johnson. When the staff feels like your child isn't meeting his or her highest potential they offer them FREE Tutoring so that can meet at the correct level of education. We are a FREE public charter. We are also home of the nationally ranked Fighting Pharaohs. One of the things that I love about QEA is the fact that when I walk into the school I am not just labeled as a number. I will always be a Pharaoh and nothing can or will change that.

Posted October 20, 2012
I graduated from QEA in 2009 and must say I was well prepared for college. I was an early graduate in spite of my diagnosis of dyslexia. QEA taught me strategies to become successful in college and in the community. I've maintained dean's list status throughout college and will graduate from college next year with a double major. I am very independent and serve as an ambassador at my university. I am proud to say that I am a Pharaoh and will never forget the tough love that my teachers and administrators exhibited!! Best school ever!!

Posted January 27, 2010
The school started as most charter schools do but as time has gone on and we have stusk with them the instructors are there to teach versus collecting a check. The curiculum is extrodinary and the older students are issued laptops as teaching and learning tools. Real 21st century!

Quality Education Academy 1

Posted December 13, 2009

Posted March 12, 2009
This is an excellant school catered to meet the expectations of every child.

Quality Education Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2008
There is a big lack of communication between the school, and parents for events. There's not too much for the younger children to particapate in. The after school program that we pay for is very unorganized, unhelpful with assignments, and unprofessional; it's like a circus. Not sure what is taught in class, but the children are loaded down with homework. The teachers are not that helpful to the children in class. I have to basically teach my child at home. I don't see too much of a future with this Academy.

Quality Education Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2008
Biggest mistake of my children's academic life. No structure, children watch movies and t.v. all day. Children and parents are treated with disrespect.

Posted April 24, 2008

Posted October 28, 2007
Great School, Great Teachers, Great Administrators. Your child will be more than prepared for their future

Quality Education Academy 0

Posted January 26, 2005
I have been very pleased with QEA. My child began kindergarten at QEA and was there until the 3rd grade, at which time I transferred him to another school for the next four years. What a huge mistake that was on my part. My child is now in the 7th grade and back at QEA. QEA provides the small classroom setting my child needs, due to problems he has with ADD. The teachers are very nuturing, patient and understanding with him. The Head Master and Executive Director have gone out of their way to work with me regarding issues that have come up about my child. The entire staff, from the secretaries to the administrative staff, has been outstanding.The family-like atmosphere, small classroom setting and teachers who really care & go the extra mile are just a few of the advantages QEA offers. Returning my child to QEA was right!

Quality Education Academy
5012-D Lansing Drive, Winston-Salem, NC  27105
Last modified Quality Education Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quality Education Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top