K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Two years ago I attended this school for middle school and it was a horrible experience. I was bullied and put down by the other students because I wasn't pretty, as smart as them, and I had different interests. Of course, I spoke up but no one did anything about this. The teachers here expect you to know everything and give you insane amounts of homework. I was up until 2 am doing homework most nights and I had to quit my after school activities. I lost my friends outside of school because I was always "stuck inside doing homework." My parents thankfully took me out of here after one year. I am normally a straight A student, but here I made C's and D's. People say that St. Leo's prepares you for high school, but I am scared to make friends and try new things because I took back on this experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I cannot speak in regards to the teachers in the elementary school, however with my experience with the pre-k program -- it was like paying for an expensive daycare center. I say that now in hindsight because I compare it with where I have my children now and how much they have learned thanks to their teachers.

We were excited to send our first child here after she finally aged into the Pre-K program. Our daughter was advanced for her age and we found the program more like a day-care center. Not saying that in a bad way. Just found the learning to be sub-par. We toured other private schools in the area and quickly learned that the learning curve was much higher in other schools. On another note - we didn't find the atmosphere to be too welcoming and not much social interaction among the families. The facility itself is very small and limiting. There is no diversity at the school what-so-ever -- which is a big red flag for me having grown up with racism first-hand. Needless to say, our time at SLS was short lived and our 2nd child will not have to experience SLS at all.

Fantastic all around school. Teachers have been great and very accommodating.

We sent our daughter to this school a few years ago. The teachers were not accommodating and always looked at us like we didn't belong, as if they had never seen Asians before. The other parents were also not friendly. Even though we are professionals, we didn't feel like we fit in because we didn't live in the "richy" neighborhood where the school is located. We did not want our child to grow up in that environment where she would feel less than everyone else. For the amount of money they charged, the facility is extremely small compared to other private schools.

My son is in kindergarten @ St Leo's and we are members of the church as well. It is the most loving, non-judgmental, academically prepared schools and our son is thriving because of it. We adore the teachers, principal, faculty and students. They are living that which they teach our children and we are blessed to be a part of the St Leo's family. Love, love, love this school!

My daughter is in 2nd grade at Saint Leo's and is bi-racial. While there isn't much cultural diversity within the school, this has never seemed to be an issue. All students are treated well with respect. I have never felt any issues with racism, classism, etc., from the school or any employees. The classrooms are small and there is very much a sense of family among the students/school. I am very pleased with the curriculum as well. I would highly recommend this school.

Last modified St. Leo Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8