Posted May 16, 2014
I'm not a parent of a child who attends or has attended Forsyth Academy. I am a parent of a special needs child in a regular WS/FC school. I have visited several school over the past couple of month trying to transfer my child to a school that would best fit him ans meet his educational needs. Out of all of the schools I visited Forsyth Academy was the cleanest and by far the quietest. When I toured the office staff was very polite. The teachers invited us into the classrooms to watch. The student in the halway spoke in passing. And even though it was crowded due to all the desks and students receiving extra help in the hallways....I was so very please to see that the students were actually receiving extra help. In our current school we have 1 resource teacher that helps children who need help. At Forsyth Academy, I'm not sure if these were Resourse Teachers or not...but the fact that they were helping children who needed extra help blew my mind. You would never see that where my child is now. The lunch room staff was professional and polite...even helped a child tie their shoe. When we toured the upper level grades the students were all on task. I liked the camera in the hallway.

Posted August 17, 2013
My son attended this school in 2010. It was a bad experience. I found out while we were attending FA my son had a learning disability and they just gave him an IEP with his name on it. They do not provide any services or resources. Don't waste your time going to this school if your child has learning issues because they do nothing.

Posted April 16, 2013
the teachers and their emphasis on learning and the students is awesome. however, the school is overcrowded and you can barely get down the hallways w/out running into tables full of students getting additional help. while i LOVE most of the teachers my children have had I am pulling them out for regular public schools this year. My oldest child has a teacher that lets other students "monitor" each other and this is affecting a lot of children negatively in terms of behavior. also, my one dealing w/ the principal did not leave me feeling like she cared one way or the other about my concerns. but i do have to say I absolutely love most of the teachers k-3 anyway. .

Posted April 12, 2013
Forsyth Academy. I have worked at this school for many years. Even as a teacher, I can honestly say that I have gained knowledge from students, staff members, and parents. Every day is a growing experience and I treasure my experiences at this wonderful school.

Posted October 12, 2012
This is a horrible school. There are ghetto students, lazy teachers, and poor academics. I would NOT recommend this school.

Forsyth Academies 5

Posted August 29, 2012
Great school! Awesome staff and teachers! It is like one big family! We went from homeschooling to WSFC schools for one year and this is our second year at Forsyth Academy, where we plan to remain through 8th grade. The teachers and staff are awesome. You don't to worry about certain teachers who shouldn't be teachers-, yelling, screaming, potty talk, attitudes etc like in the regular public schools where their jobs are protected by the teachers union...teachers are evaluated and rated by fellow staff, principals AND parents here!! Their pay is based on their performance and feedback from parents and associates! Our experience so far is that they all go above and beyond! They also have a very structured and disciplinarian plan THAT WORKS!!! The overall student behavior here is much better than our experience in the County/City School.

Posted May 11, 2012
My child has attended Forsyth Academy for two years and we are very pleased with the teachers, staff and Leadership. The school is very safe and secure and the office staff is very professional and helpful. There is a warm, loving family atmosphere in the classroom and amongst the parents. I love too that the school is very diverse and families from many countries are part of Forsyth Academy.

Posted February 26, 2012
Not a great school . Leadership not professional. Middle school electives limited. Not conducive to similar charter schools.

Forsyth Academies 5

Posted February 16, 2012
I have both my children there. One kindergarten and the other in 4th grade. I love this school! I am a teacher in the public school sector and I am so glad that schools like Forsyth Academy are around. The teachers are excellent and keep parents informed about everything that is going on with your child. In addition, my kids are far more advanced academcially than kids at our district's non-public charter schools. Two thumbs up for Forsyth Academy!

Posted July 21, 2009

Forsyth Academies
5426 Shattalon Drive, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Forsyth Academies is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forsyth Academies Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.