Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

The teachers are not good ..don't help children that need it.. the school grade was a D, last year stayed that way all year ..lunch is bad.. and my son got blamed for things that didn't have anything to do with him ..very bad school. Parents was a loud in classroom to yell at my children. .very bad school

Develops character: Disagree

They don't help children that need help ..they are not real teachers in my book..

School administration is concerned with the $3k plus that they get for each student each month.

Please think twice about allowing your child to attend this school. This school isn't interested in parental input, about how their staff conducts themselves when dealing with parents. A parent's concern or suggestions about how to improve the school is not welcomed or appreciated. When you do speak up in, what is known as the parent satisfaction surveys and once it is shared with the leadership members of the school and other staff members; needless to say the attitude that is received by the staff members mentioned within the survey, is nasty, discourteous and unprofessional. The leadership of this school sets the tone for an environment that is less than habitable for parental involvement. Forsyth Academy's priorities are fundraising, disregarding valid issues, unprofessional behavior, and dismissing their own moral focus values.

I'm not a parent of a child who attends or has attended Forsyth Academy. I am a parent of a special needs child in a regular WS/FC school. I have visited several school over the past couple of month trying to transfer my child to a school that would best fit him ans meet his educational needs. Out of all of the schools I visited Forsyth Academy was the cleanest and by far the quietest. When I toured the office staff was very polite. The teachers invited us into the classrooms to watch. The student in the halway spoke in passing. And even though it was crowded due to all the desks and students receiving extra help in the hallways....I was so very please to see that the students were actually receiving extra help. In our current school we have 1 resource teacher that helps children who need help. At Forsyth Academy, I'm not sure if these were Resourse Teachers or not...but the fact that they were helping children who needed extra help blew my mind. You would never see that where my child is now. The lunch room staff was professional and polite...even helped a child tie their shoe. When we toured the upper level grades the students were all on task. I liked the camera in the hallway.

My son attended this school in 2010. It was a bad experience. I found out while we were attending FA my son had a learning disability and they just gave him an IEP with his name on it. They do not provide any services or resources. Don't waste your time going to this school if your child has learning issues because they do nothing.

My children attended Forsyth Academy during the 2012-2013, my daughter was in third grade and my son was in first grade. We were interested in this school because it it a charter school and for our surprise their performance that year was so poor that it was almost a focus school. Our experience was very unpleasant, the student-teacher ratio was ridiculous, the children spent all day in one classroom ( no cafeteria- they actually ate inside of the classroom) and the after school program is horrible. The very same tired and burn out teachers that teach thtem during the day watch them after school so just imagina the kind of care that the kids will be receiving, If you are concern about finding a good school please do your research before choosing Forsyth Academy.

the teachers and their emphasis on learning and the students is awesome. however, the school is overcrowded and you can barely get down the hallways w/out running into tables full of students getting additional help. while i LOVE most of the teachers my children have had I am pulling them out for regular public schools this year. My oldest child has a teacher that lets other students "monitor" each other and this is affecting a lot of children negatively in terms of behavior. also, my one dealing w/ the principal did not leave me feeling like she cared one way or the other about my concerns. but i do have to say I absolutely love most of the teachers k-3 anyway. .

Forsyth Academy. I have worked at this school for many years. Even as a teacher, I can honestly say that I have gained knowledge from students, staff members, and parents. Every day is a growing experience and I treasure my experiences at this wonderful school.

This is a horrible school. There are ghetto students, lazy teachers, and poor academics. I would NOT recommend this school.

Last modified Forsyth Academies is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.