Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Submitted By A Volunteer. Each and every teacher cares about their students and go the extra mile to educate them. I have seen them stay late and come in early to make sure their students have every chance to learn. Blessed to be able to help such dedicated teachers.

Outstanding School! Go visit and take a tour of the school. My son LOVES it! The administrators and teachers are both amazing! The kids that attend Ward LOVE it! Best teaching staff in Winston-Salem!

My son needed extra help in reading in second grade, and the teacher placed my son in a support reading class after school in 24 hours after I expressed my concern. Counselors are always ready to help and find resources for kids in need. It is a great school!!!!

Ward Elementary. Amazing staff and teachers. This is my daughters 3 rd year after being at pre k in a private school . I am thrilled with how much she has excelled with such talented and wonderfully encouraging teachers. God bless the school and I will always support it even when my daughter moves on....

Ward received 1 star because that's the lowest possible. Their solution to a child that needs extra help is to put them out. No teacher or principal support. Their Test scores are low and they only have about 18 students. If you are not called to teach please do something else because these children are our future and they should get the help they need regardless of what is going on.

This is our last year at Ward, and we are so sad! We transferred our kids after multiple bad experiences at another very close Clemmons elementary school. Ward was able to wash away the negatives and make the change well worth providing our own transportation. The school is fantastic in evert way, but especially the parent volunteers and multiple socials and school events. We are moving to this zone this summer to make sure we get to go tp Clemmons Middle right next door! We have friends and family who say it is the best!

This is a great school, especially for K-3. Lots of fun activities happening on a regular basis both academic and socially. Involved, hands-on Principal. Great playgrounds, fitness activities, awesome after-school program on site.. By far one of the best elementary schools in all of Forsyth County in a highly desirable, safe area.

This is an Outstanding School. I encourage you to go and take a tour! The students are well behaved and the teachers work so hard for your child. I have 3 children enrolled there and think it is the best! You will Love it too!

My child attended Marvin Ward for two years (K and 1st) and it was a total horrible experience. Bullying is a big issue at this school. It does not seem teacher have control of the problem kids here. Riding the bus is even worse, especially for small children because the big bullies will hit and curse at the small children. My child was totallly terrified to the point that I had to go to talk to the bullies parents myself because the school was not doing anything to solve the problem. They do not listen to the kids. It is a shame because this could be an otherwise pretty school to attend. All I can say is THANK GOD my child no longer attends this school!

I have a kindergartener at Ward Elementary and an incredibly impressed with the teachers here. She has a wonderful teacher that keeps parents involved. I had a problem with bullying and the teacher addressed my concerns and did what she could to prevent it from happening again. The principal is very friendly to parents and students, however the vice principal is easily irritated with parents and does not like to be "bothered" by parents with concerns. As a parent, this is incredibly frustrating, as we trust this school with our children DAILY. She does not make you feel like she cares one way or another for your concerns or your child. Terribly frustrating as a parent. I have had a transportation problem that hasn't been resolved and has been going on for nearly 4 months. My child's teacher is remarkable and I couldn't ask for a better teacher. She always spends time on activities and I have really seen my child branch out and grow over the last few months. The directors/overhead leadership is poor.

Last modified Ward Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.