Posted August 29, 2014
Outstanding School! Go visit and take a tour of the school. My son LOVES it! The administrators and teachers are both amazing! The kids that attend Ward LOVE it! Best teaching staff in Winston-Salem!

Ward Elementary 4

Posted August 14, 2014
My son needed extra help in reading in second grade, and the teacher placed my son in a support reading class after school in 24 hours after I expressed my concern. Counselors are always ready to help and find resources for kids in need. It is a great school!!!!

Posted April 30, 2014
Ward Elementary. Amazing staff and teachers. This is my daughters 3 rd year after being at pre k in a private school . I am thrilled with how much she has excelled with such talented and wonderfully encouraging teachers. God bless the school and I will always support it even when my daughter moves on....

Ward Elementary 1

Posted January 16, 2014
Ward received 1 star because that's the lowest possible. Their solution to a child that needs extra help is to put them out. No teacher or principal support. Their Test scores are low and they only have about 18 students. If you are not called to teach please do something else because these children are our future and they should get the help they need regardless of what is going on.

Posted April 14, 2013
This is our last year at Ward, and we are so sad! We transferred our kids after multiple bad experiences at another very close Clemmons elementary school. Ward was able to wash away the negatives and make the change well worth providing our own transportation. The school is fantastic in evert way, but especially the parent volunteers and multiple socials and school events. We are moving to this zone this summer to make sure we get to go tp Clemmons Middle right next door! We have friends and family who say it is the best!

Posted March 18, 2013
This is a great school, especially for K-3. Lots of fun activities happening on a regular basis both academic and socially. Involved, hands-on Principal. Great playgrounds, fitness activities, awesome after-school program on site.. By far one of the best elementary schools in all of Forsyth County in a highly desirable, safe area.

Posted February 20, 2013
This is an Outstanding School. I encourage you to go and take a tour! The students are well behaved and the teachers work so hard for your child. I have 3 children enrolled there and think it is the best! You will Love it too!

Ward Elementary 1

Posted December 17, 2012
My child attended Marvin Ward for two years (K and 1st) and it was a total horrible experience. Bullying is a big issue at this school. It does not seem teacher have control of the problem kids here. Riding the bus is even worse, especially for small children because the big bullies will hit and curse at the small children. My child was totallly terrified to the point that I had to go to talk to the bullies parents myself because the school was not doing anything to solve the problem. They do not listen to the kids. It is a shame because this could be an otherwise pretty school to attend. All I can say is THANK GOD my child no longer attends this school!

Ward Elementary 3

Posted December 16, 2012
I have a kindergartener at Ward Elementary and an incredibly impressed with the teachers here. She has a wonderful teacher that keeps parents involved. I had a problem with bullying and the teacher addressed my concerns and did what she could to prevent it from happening again. The principal is very friendly to parents and students, however the vice principal is easily irritated with parents and does not like to be "bothered" by parents with concerns. As a parent, this is incredibly frustrating, as we trust this school with our children DAILY. She does not make you feel like she cares one way or another for your concerns or your child. Terribly frustrating as a parent. I have had a transportation problem that hasn't been resolved and has been going on for nearly 4 months. My child's teacher is remarkable and I couldn't ask for a better teacher. She always spends time on activities and I have really seen my child branch out and grow over the last few months. The directors/overhead leadership is poor.

Posted January 14, 2012
This is a wonderful school. Especially the 5th grade "wing," it totally ROCKS! Great communication and collaboration between teachers. Lots of student support from Administrators and the Guidance Counselor (who is especially wonderful), an onsite before and after school program managed by the YMCA, plus the school itself is relatively new and is very clean and appealing. The school is always in "ship shape" and is very organized. They have a great art program, computer lab, and physical education program. They also have multiple playgrounds, tracks, fields, and the location of the school is private yet very safe. Caring, responsive teachers.

Ward Elementary
3775 Fraternity Church Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27127
Last modified Ward Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ward Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.