Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

A school who allows the teachers to bully and belittle the children is not going to effectively deal with bullying between students.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Unless your child fits inside of a box and sits still and doesn't say a word all day.............. he or she will not make it at this school! And heaven forbid a 5 year old actually speaks or skips in the hallway!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I witnessed my son's teacher bring a child (kindergarten student) to tears because she refused to help her with something she did not understand. The teacher verbally referred to the child as stubborn in front of the entire class, myself included and said she was not helping her. To me this is unacceptable.

The administration here will not help you. They do not communicate with each other and do not keep their word. They allow their teachers to do whatever they please with no consequences even bullying children. Out of 16 children in my son's class, only 3 can read at grade level. My son started showing some behaviors we had not seen before after entering Ward. I immediately contacted the staff to try and remedy the situation and find out what was happening. I eventually had to contact the superintendent who sent the information to the district assistant superintendent. As of today, the school refuses to help remedy the situation by removing my child from a classroom with two toxic and verbally abusive teachers. I am withdrawing him immediately. I can say that Mr. Leak, the parent-home coordinator is a gem for this school. He is one of the few people I trust there. If you can take your child to any other school............ RUN there as fast as you can. There are some teachers who do genuinely care and do an amazing job but the administrative staff they have ruins that. If Ward is your only option, be sure that you stand your ground and be ready to be your child's only advocate. Bullying is a common event here, not just from the students. Teachers and staff are constantly on their cell phones not paying attention to the students. Kindergarten students in two classes are talked to worse than animals.

Submitted By A Volunteer. Each and every teacher cares about their students and go the extra mile to educate them. I have seen them stay late and come in early to make sure their students have every chance to learn. Blessed to be able to help such dedicated teachers.

Outstanding School! Go visit and take a tour of the school. My son LOVES it! The administrators and teachers are both amazing! The kids that attend Ward LOVE it! Best teaching staff in Winston-Salem!

My son needed extra help in reading in second grade, and the teacher placed my son in a support reading class after school in 24 hours after I expressed my concern. Counselors are always ready to help and find resources for kids in need. It is a great school!!!!

Ward Elementary. Amazing staff and teachers. This is my daughters 3 rd year after being at pre k in a private school . I am thrilled with how much she has excelled with such talented and wonderfully encouraging teachers. God bless the school and I will always support it even when my daughter moves on....

Ward received 1 star because that's the lowest possible. Their solution to a child that needs extra help is to put them out. No teacher or principal support. Their Test scores are low and they only have about 18 students. If you are not called to teach please do something else because these children are our future and they should get the help they need regardless of what is going on.

This is our last year at Ward, and we are so sad! We transferred our kids after multiple bad experiences at another very close Clemmons elementary school. Ward was able to wash away the negatives and make the change well worth providing our own transportation. The school is fantastic in evert way, but especially the parent volunteers and multiple socials and school events. We are moving to this zone this summer to make sure we get to go tp Clemmons Middle right next door! We have friends and family who say it is the best!

Last modified Ward Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.