Winston-Salem, NC

Posted December 16, 2007
I think the school has been a blessing to my child and I am very pleased with the staff..

Friedberg Elementary 2

Posted October 05, 2007
The focus at Friedberg is to increase standardized test scores so the paychecks will increase. The focus should be the children; the test scores will follow.

Posted October 04, 2007
I have had children in this school since it opened. And I agree with earlier posts that the teachers are overly focused on the outcome of the standardized exams and have forgotten that the students should be their main focus.

Posted September 28, 2007
My son has been in this school since kindergarten and is in his last year there before middle school. I have been happy with all his teachers especially his teacher this year. To me this is an exceptionial school and I am very satisfied with the teachings here.

Friedberg Elementary 0

Posted April 16, 2007
Three years ago I thought this school was great! It was like a private school. I was very impressed with the principal and the staff. As the child advances, I see the weakness in the teacher performance. A teacher is rushed to educate the children to meet all the state guidelines (lots of paperwork) that the teacher loses focus on the child. Excuses are given for the child's performance, yet the teacher is not knowledgeable enough to recognize a possible learning disability or labels the child as a bad attitude. Unfortunately, some teachers focus on their agenda in meeting their requirements by state and show the attitude that the child that gets it, gets it, and the child that doesn't get it, oh well. I would say this school has a high rate of having alot of children in the 'child left behind' statistic.

Friedberg Elementary 3

Posted October 25, 2005
We have been extrememly inpressed with the teaching staff at Friedberg. We feel like they really care for our children and desire their best in academics. We are very concerned about the changes we see in lack of discipline and the dropping of test scores and believe they are tied together. We are keeping a close eye on this new principal because we feel like she is the largest part of the discipline problem and test score changes.

Posted June 02, 2005
We love Friedberg! The teachers are amazing! The only thing I would change is the fact that the discipline style has changed alot with the new principal. I miss the structure we used to have. But we are very 'pro' Friedberg!

Posted December 09, 2004
This school has been a great school. It seems almost private with the way the teachers handle things but my child has done great.

Posted August 25, 2003

Friedberg Elementary
1131 Friedberg Church Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27127
(336) 764-2059
Last modified Friedberg Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friedberg Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top