K-11|Private

Bad
Good

Jefferson Day School 1

Posted November 15, 2012
If your child has a learning disability do not send them to this school. They do not have teachers trained in the required programs needed to teach these kind of children. Not only that but my son was bullied at this school and when I asked them to separate my son from that child they ignored me. If you have a child with a learning disability my advice would be to leave North Carolina and go to a state with more services.

Jefferson Day School 5

Posted January 13, 2009
My son went to this school for, K-2nd grade, three years. My husband and I was so impressed with the instruction my son recieved. This school isn't for everyone, it reminds me of 'Little House on the Prairie.' It doesn't have a gym or a huge library, but I would pass on a school that has all that for this experience. It's located in a church but it doesn't push any religious belief. It does expect good moral behavior. If my son stepped out of line, his teacher informed me immediately. I was amazed when my son got in trouble for fibbing. For some parents, that may seem overwhelming but I wanted an environment that dealt with the whole child: social skills, good moral character, high academic standards, and small class size. The best thing about this school is that they meet the child where they are academically.

Jefferson Day School 5

Posted May 11, 2007
My Daughter have gone to Jefferson Day School since we moved from Atlanta three years ago. Jefferson Day school is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The Jefferson Day School is so friendly warm and environment for my children. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The director is so warm friendly and caring, remember the parent's name too. She is a great example of a leader and I will miss seeing her everyday as my daughter graduates this year. Thank you Jefferson Day School for bringing out the best in my children and giving them the encouragement and confidence they need to go out into the world!

Jefferson Day School