Posted January 26, 2014
Im a freshman at tabor this year and it has been an amazing experience. Yes its clique but everyone hangs out with everyone, its the preppy kids who think they are too cool for anyone. If you come to this school in the middle of the school year and the first week you make sure people know you everyone will be talking about how great you are. The school seems like there are a lot of people but we are actually small I think; Maybe I am used to it. We are a huge family and football games are amazing, I think everyone should go to them because of h2o. GO SPARTANS!

Posted November 29, 2012
Mount Tabor is a great school. I attended school there and I would not have wanted to go anywhere else. My teachers cared about me and did anything they could to help me. Many people claim that the school is dangerous and has discipline issues. There may be fights on occasion but I never once felt as though I was in danger. The Athletics have a great tradition of being great. There is a lot of talk about tabor only being interested in its athletes but this is just not true. Every year Tabor sends kids to some of the best schools in the county. Tabor is more diverse in the socioeconomic category so the average grades are brought down but the top of classes are always very impressive. My classes valedictorian attended Duke and there were multiple students who went Ivy league. In conclusion Mt. Tabor is a wonderful school I would recommend that anyone send there children there. Don't be fooled by Reagan's shiny new buildings and boatload of new things that none of the other schools in the school system get for some mysterious reason. They are more focused on behavior of students then there grades and don't help kids when they fall behind I've heard this form many people. GO SPARTANS!!

Posted February 25, 2012
Mount Tabor, year after year, receives honors for its JROTC, bands, arts, athletics and student athletes, academic teams and students awarded millions of dollars in scholarships...would not happen without dedicated teachers and supportive administrators and staff along with some well-mannered students! Many community service projects are lead by student leaders and faculty advisers... a food bank drive, Hanesbrands clothing drive, pet food drive, Darfur support, Red Cross blood drives twice a year, a community Goodwill drive and more. Let the specifics speak here...not just unfounded opinions! Volunteer to help us educate "other people's children"...it takes a village! Mount Tabor IS one of the better high schools in the country! My two daughters graduated from MTHS and I've taught there 12 years.

Mount Tabor High 4

Posted April 09, 2011
I have been a Tabor student for the past 3 years. It is not perfect, but I feel like it is my home, with that in mind, this is my first-hand opinion of the school. Academically I feel very challenged, but this isn't the case for every student, there is very little effort by teachers to teach standard classes with the same expectations that the students will at least try their best. Tabor continues to be very successful in theatre, chorus, visual art, band, and orchestra. I myself have been a proud member of an award-winning drama department for the past 2 years. This is running off PTA donations and chicken pie sales, mind you. The assistant principals are all simply overbearing and unapproachable, and the principal himself is very resistant to new ideas (like a Gay-Straight Alliance club that has started). Athletics are a point of pride, but I don't follow it closely, they win a lot. The school itself is a bit run down and unkempt, even in the newer section, and there isn't much technological advancement to speak of even when it seems to be taking over other nearby schools. While a lot can be improved, if I could go back, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Mount Tabor High 0

Posted September 21, 2010
Great academics, arts program, athletics, and staff!

Mount Tabor High 3

Posted December 14, 2009
Pros The new principal is more involved than the previous one. The athletic program is one of the best in the country and there are good programs for Honors, Seminar, and AP classes as well. The JROTC and Arts programs have walls of trophies. The majority of teachers seem to be highly qualified. There's an after-school activity for just about any interest: Charity, Arts, Ethnic Clubs etc. Cons Fights are common, requiring an armed police officer to be on campus on all times, and the building is generally poorly kept. We had half a dozen leaks during a recent storm. Even with a new buidling constructed 4 years ago, the school is overcrowded. From my personal experience, discipline is a joke, the ISS room I spent a day in for cell phone use was just free time and you can easily find students roaming the halls freely. Not the best test scores.

Posted May 07, 2009
I am currently a student at Mount Tabor; it is my second year here. I entered Tabor as a freshmen who had never been to a public school before; I thought the transition would be impossible. I was completely wrong. Tabor, as a whole, made me feel completely welcome. The teachers are great (with the exception of one or two), the administration is willing to work with you, and you can almost always find a place amongst the students. Tabor offers great academics, and even better extra curricular activities. I would recommend this school to anyone. In fact, I'm a tranfer student who is currently trying to convince my friend to become one as well. Every school has its problems, and Tabor is no exception but it is honestly better than any private school I've ever been to.

Mount Tabor High 2

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008

Posted February 10, 2008

Mount Tabor High
342 Petree Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Mount Tabor High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Tabor High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.