Reynolds High 2

Posted July 03, 2014
I see that my previous detailed review was removed from GreatSchools, unfortunately. In short, if you have a handicapped student, do not send them here! The campus is not accessible nor safe! Most of the honors classes are poorly controlled and very disruptive. I pulled both my kids out of school early in the 2013-14 school year for these reasons.

Posted May 30, 2014
Reynolds HS is a HS of excellence... I have two students there and I work for the EC Division. I have seen my girls grown beyond measure at Reynolds. The school is amazing and the teachers truly care about your child. The arts program at Reynolds is also quite amazing. There are problems at all schools, and there will always be something that one or another does not like, but tour the school and see for yourself all the amazing opportunities that it has to offer your child. There will always be critics and naysayers but the truth speaks for its self when you see the caliber of students who come out of the school and the many famous people that have went to the school.

Posted April 30, 2014
My children both went to RJR and their experiences were stellar. That has been quite a few years, and now that my grandson is a rising 9th grader, we looked at options and decided that RJR is still the best option. Great teachers, diverse student body, and professional staff/administration.

Posted August 17, 2013
I love reynolds! The arts program is amazing and you can learn so much and be yourself!

Posted August 17, 2013
REYNOLDS IS THE AWESOME! Everyone is so nice there and the arts program is spectacular. I have opportunities at Reynolds that you don't have anywhere else! I love piano, music and drama and I can get honors credit for doing those things at Reynolds!

Posted July 24, 2011
I went to RJR from freshman year to Junior year and I was so sure I was going to go for my Senior year but things happen . I would give everything to finish highschool there . It is one of the best schools in NC . It's very diverse and offers so many different classes and clubs and extracurricular activities. The teachers here are great. The learning experience is wonderful as long as you apply yourself. however that's in any situation . This school has had a positive impact on my life. Reynolds Pride .

Posted October 17, 2010
I went there, and was told by the department chairmen at Duke that it was one off the best schools in the country.

Posted October 13, 2010
The leadership of the principal and his staff is excellent. The diversity of the school reflects the community. The support of the PTSA is superior.

Posted October 13, 2010
I love that Reynolds is able to meet the needs of the diverse student body. It has great mojo and works to have something for everyone to get involved in school.

Posted January 09, 2010
As a former staff member at Reynolds High School, I can say it's one of the best high schools I've ever seen. It isn't perfect, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. The faculty is excellent academically and all teachers go the extra mile to help students who want help. The administrators are involved with the students and faculty to a great degree. The students are generally polite, friendly, and involved in the school and community. The growth I saw in students from 9th to 12 grades was phenomenal. The best part of Reynolds is the diversity of activities that provide students with multiple opportunities to excel in their own way -- artistically, athletically, academically, and socially. Many former students return to let faculty members know that the rigor of academics at Reynolds has made college easy. That is the best testamonial anyone can give to his/her high school

Reynolds High
301 Hawthorne Road North, Winston-Salem, NC  27104
(336) 727-2061
Last modified Reynolds High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reynolds High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top