South Central High School 1

Posted August 23, 2010
This school cares more about unnecessary rules than keeping students in school and teaching them things they can use.

South Central High School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
My son attends this school. He makes very good grades, but he thinks some classes are made too easy by teachers. He has had some excellent teachers and hasn't had any complaints about any of them. He gets annoyed with a lot of the students because they don't want to pay attention in class, misbehave, get in fights, etc...but that is really the only negative. The orchestra program is awesome and the facility is very nice. My only negative comment is that some of the front office staff is less than friendly, like they are doing you a favor to help you. Overall, a good school.

Posted September 14, 2009
This is an excellent school! The teachers here are amazing and work with you to get you learning.

Posted August 31, 2009
The teachers in this school are the greatest that my children have ever experienced! I give my highest kudos to Mrs. Mary Robinson in the Math Dept. I know without a doubt that any students that attend any of her classes will have a 'Most Improved' year!

Posted August 29, 2009
Excellent academic program and the athletics are steadily improving.

Posted October 26, 2008
All of the bad reviews are lies SCHS is a very good school I am a freshman and I thought I was gonna get bullied but no people are very friendly and will help you yes there is fights what school doesnt have fights. But its not as bad as people say

South Central High School 2

Posted May 09, 2008
I am a current student at SCHS, and have been here since my freshman year (3 school years) and from my experience at many previous schools my opinion of this school is sorely lacking. Although the school is coming along on its 7th(?) year of operation, teachers dissapear from one year to the next and nothing is ever permanent. The once state of the art technology is becoming out-dated for the current day and age. Only the few business and technology teachers have newer computers/technology. Students apathy is enormous, especially from the freshman/sophomores. The behavior problem comes from students getting into fights over trival things, like a pair of shoes for example. Fights happen on almost a weekly basis. The curriculum, for most, is either very difficult or very easy. It is one of the worst schools (behavior wise and technology wise) of the 9 schools I have attended.

South Central High School 1

Posted April 09, 2008

South Central High School 4

Posted September 23, 2007

South Central High School 3

Posted July 16, 2007
My daughter attended for 4 months after we moved into the area and we have decided to home school. The teachers don't maintain control of their classrooms and the administration was very difficult to work with. The freshman team were far from friendly.

South Central High School
570 Forlines Road, Winterville, NC  28590
Last modified South Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top