Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter had an awesome 1st grade teacher and she excelled in reading. I thought the teachers and staff did a great job!

I am very pleased with this school. The staff is amazing and so professional. I trust this school completely.

This is a great school in most ways. My favorite teacher was Mrs.Hachmiester the most Awesome AIG teacher.

IF YOU CARE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN, DON'T SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!! This school is the worst I have ever seen, and I went to some of the worst schools in NC. The only reason it got 1 star is i had to put one to write this review. My children have only been enrolled for about 3 weeks and there has not been a day that my 4th grader didn't come home and cry her eyes out. I have talked to the teacher to no avail. At first appearance it looks great and organized, but it is not. They try to run it like a military school. They do not want you to have any contact with your children from first bell thru last bell. They do not want any parent involvement. They do not give your child any guideince, the teachers tell them to ask a classmate not them. It is computers teaching your child. The only work we see are these print outs that don't explain nothing, you don't even know what you child is working on. They just expect your child to automatically know what to do and you as well. My child has never gotten in trouble in school a day in her life, before this school. I am currently trying to find other schools for my children to attend if that means I have to move!

Our elder son attended Kintergarten and First grade in this school. The teachers and administration ensured that all his needs were met and challenged him academically. We had to leave the school when my job got relocated. He is attending a school with 9 rating but we think Ridgewood was better than the current one. All the teacher's we came across were really good and Mrs Brinson stands out.

Very caring and dedicated faculty. They do everything with the children in mind.

Our first year at a public school and so far so good! I love my son's teacher and principal. They actually seem to enjoy what they do and aren't burnt out yet.

Ridgewood Elementary has the finest teachers and cheerful students, the best resources, and an active PTA. The students are all excited about learning new things each day

My daughter started in Kindergarten and I loved her teacher Ms. K Pretlow and Asst. Mr. J. Brinson. Ms. Pretlow was very enthusiastic and they both had a love and concern for the children that you will not find everywhere. The school on a whole seems to be a great school. I just feel as though the communication between administration and parents could be a little better. There were times I received information concerning school activities a day before or same day as an event. You can't depend on a kindergartner to notify you of things going on in school. I love the school. I just think there needs to better communication. The staff is great.

Last modified Ridgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.