Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Both of my kids say that bullying is rare and when it occurs it is dealt with quickly.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes the homework may be too much. Kids need free time to be kids.

I have two children attending this school. With one exception all of the teachers have been outstanding. The only exception is a teacher who was merely good rather than great. The teachers motivate the kids. I have witnessed them appropriately express affection to the kids, some of whom likely come from homes where they don't get enough positive adult attention. The principal has been there many years and from what I've seen does an excellent job. Hopefully they can keep her for many more years.

My daughter had an awesome 1st grade teacher and she excelled in reading. I thought the teachers and staff did a great job!

I am very pleased with this school. The staff is amazing and so professional. I trust this school completely.

This is a great school in most ways. My favorite teacher was Mrs.Hachmiester the most Awesome AIG teacher.

IF YOU CARE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN, DON'T SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!! This school is the worst I have ever seen, and I went to some of the worst schools in NC. The only reason it got 1 star is i had to put one to write this review. My children have only been enrolled for about 3 weeks and there has not been a day that my 4th grader didn't come home and cry her eyes out. I have talked to the teacher to no avail. At first appearance it looks great and organized, but it is not. They try to run it like a military school. They do not want you to have any contact with your children from first bell thru last bell. They do not want any parent involvement. They do not give your child any guideince, the teachers tell them to ask a classmate not them. It is computers teaching your child. The only work we see are these print outs that don't explain nothing, you don't even know what you child is working on. They just expect your child to automatically know what to do and you as well. My child has never gotten in trouble in school a day in her life, before this school. I am currently trying to find other schools for my children to attend if that means I have to move!

Our elder son attended Kintergarten and First grade in this school. The teachers and administration ensured that all his needs were met and challenged him academically. We had to leave the school when my job got relocated. He is attending a school with 9 rating but we think Ridgewood was better than the current one. All the teacher's we came across were really good and Mrs Brinson stands out.

Very caring and dedicated faculty. They do everything with the children in mind.

Our first year at a public school and so far so good! I love my son's teacher and principal. They actually seem to enjoy what they do and aren't burnt out yet.

Last modified Ridgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.