Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 28, 2016
We had great teachers every year, but some were even greater than the others!! Some went above and beyond and unfortunately some of them transferred mid-year.

Posted June 28, 2016
This is a great school with great teachers. My son went there from kindergarten to 5th grade and always had caring, enthusiastic teachers.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
Thank you for all you do Mrs. Craig! You put all of your heart into teaching and your passion truly shines.

Posted December 08, 2015
Excellent school with excellent teachers. The parental involvement and PTO are absolutely awesome! The staff at this school truly care about each and every child. I love this small town community where every child has a name and is more than just a number. We LOVE Long Mill Elementary!

Posted September 15, 2014
Long Mill is a wonderful school with teachers who care about their students both personally and academically. My child has shown so much growth and has flourished both academically and socially. This year, there is a new principal and a returning assistant principal from when the school first opened. The overall environment of the school is much more relaxed and open. I feel this is going to be Long Mill's best year yet.

Posted June 22, 2014
Wow, these reviews are all one extreme or the other. Mine is the positive extreme. My children are constantly kept challenged at their level. This keeps kids from getting bored. When I was in Elementary school, I was always bored, being ahead of the class. I had to wait until Middle school t be able to be placed in advanced classes. Here, they are challenged within their own class room, allowing them to stay with peers, yet keep their minds active. Excellent attitude from all the teachers they have had so far. The pricinciple seems to truly care. The technology is great and they are preparing for today's and tomorrow's world. My only complaint is that I wish Science would be a larger part in the earlier grades.

Posted April 28, 2014
A wonderful place to work. I look forward to going to work making a difference in the children' s lives. I can truly appreciate how the principal runs the school. She operates on a zero tolerance policy. She believes hold hearts fly in the children and want them to feel confident, loved, and safe when they enter long mill. My son attended fifth grade at long mill ,my first year there and he wished he could have started school there in kindergarten. ROAR for the Long Mill Lions yay

Posted October 20, 2013
My school helps my children excel by giving them assignments at their level,so they do not get bored. They have great technology with motivating teachers.

Long Mill Elementary 4

Posted September 10, 2013
The principal shows no warmth or welcome to parents. My children who attended there have transferred out and are way behind where they should be even though they had good grades at Long Mill. That is disturbing.

Long Mill Elementary 1

Posted August 22, 2013
My children attended this school. Key word "attended"! We moved to get them out of this atmosphere. The Principal has created a tense atmosphere for the teachers and rules with a "bully like" attitude. I believe there is also racial preference (due to many situations my children were exposed to) and couldn't be happier to have left this school! I feel sorry for any/every child that is stuck attending Long Mill. If you have a choice, please run away as fast as you can!

1753 Long Mill Road, Youngsville, NC  27596
Last modified Long Mill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.