Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Long Mill Elementary
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
Thank you for all you do Mrs. Craig! You put all of your heart into teaching and your passion truly shines.

Posted December 08, 2015
Excellent school with excellent teachers. The parental involvement and PTO are absolutely awesome! The staff at this school truly care about each and every child. I love this small town community where every child has a name and is more than just a number. We LOVE Long Mill Elementary!

Posted September 15, 2014
Long Mill is a wonderful school with teachers who care about their students both personally and academically. My child has shown so much growth and has flourished both academically and socially. This year, there is a new principal and a returning assistant principal from when the school first opened. The overall environment of the school is much more relaxed and open. I feel this is going to be Long Mill's best year yet.

Posted June 22, 2014
Wow, these reviews are all one extreme or the other. Mine is the positive extreme. My children are constantly kept challenged at their level. This keeps kids from getting bored. When I was in Elementary school, I was always bored, being ahead of the class. I had to wait until Middle school t be able to be placed in advanced classes. Here, they are challenged within their own class room, allowing them to stay with peers, yet keep their minds active. Excellent attitude from all the teachers they have had so far. The pricinciple seems to truly care. The technology is great and they are preparing for today's and tomorrow's world. My only complaint is that I wish Science would be a larger part in the earlier grades.

Posted April 28, 2014
A wonderful place to work. I look forward to going to work making a difference in the children' s lives. I can truly appreciate how the principal runs the school. She operates on a zero tolerance policy. She believes hold hearts fly in the children and want them to feel confident, loved, and safe when they enter long mill. My son attended fifth grade at long mill ,my first year there and he wished he could have started school there in kindergarten. ROAR for the Long Mill Lions yay

Posted October 20, 2013
My school helps my children excel by giving them assignments at their level,so they do not get bored. They have great technology with motivating teachers.

Long Mill Elementary 4

Posted September 10, 2013
The principal shows no warmth or welcome to parents. My children who attended there have transferred out and are way behind where they should be even though they had good grades at Long Mill. That is disturbing.

Long Mill Elementary 1

Posted August 22, 2013
My children attended this school. Key word "attended"! We moved to get them out of this atmosphere. The Principal has created a tense atmosphere for the teachers and rules with a "bully like" attitude. I believe there is also racial preference (due to many situations my children were exposed to) and couldn't be happier to have left this school! I feel sorry for any/every child that is stuck attending Long Mill. If you have a choice, please run away as fast as you can!

Long Mill Elementary 3

Posted August 09, 2013
I haven't seen this school, just going for a job interview .. so i have no idea about it .. would like to know ...

Long Mill Elementary 4

Posted May 23, 2013
My child has Autism and ADHD and has attended Long Mill for kindergarten and will be moving onto first grade this year. I am overall pleased with her first year. She has attended pre-school in other public schools in Wake County and Long Mill has been the best experience so far. The downside to this school is the teacher turn around which is questionable to why these teachers want to leave the school. But, Mrs. Schaffer (teacher for special needs) Mrs. Dobson (Guidance Counselor) Mrs. Pennington (Administrative Intern) and Mrs. Rowe (kindergarten teacher) are all WONDERFUL! They all helped make my child's kindergarten year as enjoyable as it could be and communicated with me every step of the way. Ms. Ferrell has also been a huge help to get my child prepared for her first grade year. It really has to be a group effort between the parents and the school staff to help a child with special needs but I feel confident that Long Mill is taking the proper steps to help every single child. We are looking forward to another great year!

Long Mill Elementary
1753 Long Mill Road, Youngsville, NC  27596
Last modified Long Mill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.