Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 23, 2015
Some of the teachers here really were good though. I make it sound like it was all bad but not all of them were.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 23, 2015
six hours of home work in one night is way to much. I didn't even have time to eat some nights!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted September 23, 2015
No. I once heard a teacher (now retired) say that she would rip out a students eyes and put them in a glass of saltwater. That is not respect. There are more stories like this.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 23, 2015
Not at all. I was going through a lot and came to different teachers multiple times and nobody cared or did anything.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 23, 2015
They obviously picked favorites and would often lie about me not turning in my home work because they didn't like me cause I missed a lot for medical reasons.

Horizon Middle School 2

Posted September 23, 2015
It was really hard to keep friends at this school when you have 6+ hours of homework every night. I wasn't able to stay in sports like I wanted to because of it. I lost all contact with my friends because of it too. There was a lot of bullying that wasn't taken care of either. I personally was not bullied but was usually the one to stop it. I just don't feel that the staff here cared about me when I was a student 6 years ago. I came to them for help in a really bad home situation and they wouldn't/didn't do anything so I was stuck in that situation. It wasn't until I met some lady at a soup kitchen teaching Bible studies to kids that I finally got out of that mess.

500 Ash Coulee Dr, Bismarck, ND  58503
Last modified Horizon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top