Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the teachers here really were good though. I make it sound like it was all bad but not all of them were.

Amount of homework: Disagree

six hours of home work in one night is way to much. I didn't even have time to eat some nights!

Develops character: Disagree

They obviously picked favorites and would often lie about me not turning in my home work because they didn't like me cause I missed a lot for medical reasons.

It was really hard to keep friends at this school when you have 6+ hours of homework every night. I wasn't able to stay in sports like I wanted to because of it. I lost all contact with my friends because of it too. There was a lot of bullying that wasn't taken care of either. I personally was not bullied but was usually the one to stop it. I just don't feel that the staff here cared about me when I was a student 6 years ago. I came to them for help in a really bad home situation and they wouldn't/didn't do anything so I was stuck in that situation. It wasn't until I met some lady at a soup kitchen teaching Bible studies to kids that I finally got out of that mess.

Last modified Horizon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.