Burlington, ND

Posted May 21, 2015
Some of the teachers here are good but it is ran very poorly. Dismissal is the biggest mess I have ever seen at any school. The adults stand out there to put kids on the bus but after that they just talk amongst themselves and don't pay any attention to the kids. I witnessed a kindergartner almost get ran over by a car going the wrong direction and no adult was watching him at all. Kids are allowed to walk across two lanes of traffic. We transferred mid year and at first it seemed fine. Then my daughter starting crying daily and having suicidal thoughts because of bullying. She was being ridiculed daily because of her learning disability. Then she broke her foot and while being left unattended in the classroom several students took the scooter she was using to move around on and started laughing at her because she couldn't go anywhere. The teachers did nothing, the counselor did nothing, then the principal did nothing. So I took it to the superintendent who told me "big deal". When I contacted the school board they "investigated" and did nothing but make excuses for everything. I was very appalled by the way these so called professionals handled the entire situation. I am a licensed teacher with my masters in education and believe me when I say, this school is the most poorly ran school I have ever seen. Do not send your children here, especially if they have a 504 plan, IEP or any form of learning disability. I would give them negative stars if it were possible.

Posted May 01, 2015
This school allows bullying. The counselor and principal were contacted about the situation and did nothing at all.

Posted January 28, 2014
This school isn't a place for kids with learning disabilities. The staff and administration actively disregard IEP and act as if they are doing you a favor by showing up to IEP meeting. If your kids are overachievers then this is the school to put them in. They like kids who don't complicate their days and don't challenge them to think outside the box.

Burlington-Des Lacs Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
I Love this school and so do my kids! The teachers are awesome and if I had a disabled child I wouldn't want them going any where esle! I put on 36 extra miles a day just so my kids can go to Burlington. I have had 7 years experience with one chld and 5 years there with my youngest and have yet to have ny problems. They do really care about character, and they show it every day!

Burlington-Des Lacs Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2007
This school lacks many of the academic programs that are available at other schools. They have a barely adequate learning disabilities program. Most of the staff are friendly but there are a few that are out right rude.

Burlington-Des Lacs Elementary School
301 Wallace St, Burlington, ND  58722
Last modified Burlington-Des Lacs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burlington-Des Lacs Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top