Bad
Good

my granddaughter has been going to this school for the past 2 years and she hates it! she states that are many bullies there and she tells the teacher or another school staff member and nothing gets done. then when she stands up for herself against said bullies...she gets in trouble for it!! this isn't right! wth is going on???!!! is it because she is of a mixed culture: Native American & Ecuadorian? i've been around the fm area for many years and this bull is still going on and it BETTER STOP!!! thankfully for my granddaughter we are pulling her outta that school. i will sacrifice my time, her mom works fulltime/days and single, so that she can get back forth to her previous school, Lewis & Clark! she was treated much better there as were the parents. we are treated with a little bit of respect there...heck a lot more than this school!

We have had children at Centennial for roughly 10 years not and have nothing but good to say about their educational experience. My children have great relationships with the teachers and other staff. I used to live in California and the only schools there to get a good education would not be public but private. The school is only as good as the local community makes it and Centennial is one of the best.

My son has truly thrived at Centennial! It seems like each year just keeps getting better and better. The teachers are amazing, and the staff is so kind. I have nothing but positive things to say. My son's test reviews are right on track, or above for his grade compared to the national average. Five start rating from our family!!

I completely agree with the review posted Nov 9, 2005. We moved from California thinking the schools here were so much better. Well, they're not. My daughter had a much better grasp on math when we moved here and now it's a struggle on very simple equations. There is no clear direction on teaching. The "grading" system is a joke. They grade on the entire year even if it's only the first grading period, and then say Partially Proficient is fine because they haven't learned XYZ yet. Well, how about grading them on what they should have learned to this point? The fourth grade spelling words are a joke as well. I supplement words at home to challenge my daughter. But really we are failing our children with this teaching method of "Let's just do what it takes to pass the state tests" - which doesn't seem to be working either. I enjoy Fargo and the people, I'm just really disappointed in the Fargo School District.

Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.