PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Not only am I an alum of Dakota Montessori School, I also worked there while I was in high school, college, and grad school. It was an amazing experience. The programming that takes place in each environment allows children to grow and thrive. I've never seen anything quite like it. The teachers are the best early childhood educators in Fargo-Moorhead. They interact one-on-one with students in order to meet them at their developmental and academic levels. Through careful strategies, the teachers guide students to develop new skills and become independent learners. The administrators in this building genuinely care about staff, parents, and above all- the students. As an employee, I felt like a valuable member of the team. I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for an enriching and nurturing environment for his or her child. It is simply the best.

Great School as far as classrooms go for kids, however there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes parents do not know about. Major issue being a lack of HR and a check and balance for the falsely charming Dictator of a directresses. They lead the school giving certain parents unfair privileges because she likes them or they are major donators, while others are not worked with in the slightest. they do nothing to resolve tension among staff and instead will wait until someone is so unhappy they leave, which causes high turn over. I would say that if it wasn't for the staffs love of children no one would work at this school under the two women in charge for longer than a month. Rarely is there enough staff to the point that children are shuffled to unfamiliar rooms to make ratio. The classrooms staff love the children and are all very caring which makes this school a great one for the children, whereas it is miserable for the staff because leadership is so lacking. Which it will remain this way because there is no check and balance. Anyone who speaks up among staff are either ignored or swiftly fired. Change people in charge of school and it would be the perfect place

I have 2 children, a 3 yr old and a 10 month old and my kids (especially my 3 YO) LOVES the school and LOVES her teachers. I can get her to do anything if I mention Ms. Amanda or Ms. Emy will be pleased. Her vocabulary has greatly improved, she does simple math (addition and subtraction), signs, is reading at kindergarten level....I am very pleased and I am very sad we are leaving town and have to leave Dakota montessori. This was the first school I was totally pleased with...so far.

This school is like non other. My daughter is in the infant program and is totally soaring. The infant program is by far the best Fargo-Moorhead has to offer. They independence the kids there have, it is truly a unique program.

Dakota Montessori is an amazing and very well-run school. True to Maria Montessori with great teachers and staff, and fantastic facilities.Our children have attended for 9 and 11 years respectively. Both are now in the elementary program which is truly exceptional.

I have two children in elementary, who have been in Montessori since 15 months. The education at DMS is second to none, as is evident in the state testing scores. I'm so impressed with how teachers inspire the children to excel and challenge themselves at all levels. Many student's reading skills test 'off the charts'. The teacher student ratios are better than anywhere else I've seen in town, ranging from 1:8 and 1:10 in the elementary; including lead teachers with masters degrees from accredited Montessori programs. They foster independence, time management and presentation skills, which aren't emphasized as much in traditional classrooms. I'm surprised to read the few negative comments from disgruntled parents below. While no school is a perfect fit for every child, the overwhelming sentiment I've heard from parents is extremely positive. DMS is run by a smart administrator with a great personality, who cares about each child.

Only concerned about money, didn't listen to parents, very sad. The director seems imbalanced.

I have 2 children at Dakota Montessori and I am amazed at the individual attention they get. They both look forward to going to school everyday and strive to do their best work. The teachers are wonderful and know how to motivate the kids. This is a direct result of the teachers knowing each child & each child's personality.

We have just moved to the area, and had our oldest son in a Montessori program before this one, and we have been soooo disappointed in the quality of teachers at this school. Every single one, act as if they dread going to work each day. I don't see the joy in their faces or actions. We are leaving the school, and don't plan to send our other younger children to this school.

I was at Dakota for 2 years, and I loved it. Its much better than public school, lemme tell you. I remember we'd go skating at Skateland once every month. The teachers are great, the kids are totally awesome, and its the principal is really nice and runs the school well. I suggest you send your kids here rather than sending them to a public school.

Last modified Dakota Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6