Posted March 26, 2010
My sons (first graders) transferred to Eielson from a private school at the beginning of this year. They have both benefitted immensely from their caring, experienced first grade teachers. One of my sons has some special needs (speech and some social issues), the school has gone above and beyond to accomodate him. In addition, they have taught each of my children at their level, sometimes providing them with extra work beyond grade level, that the teacher has taken time to attain. I have seen so much growth in my sons this year, their reading, writing and math skills have improved, as has their knowledge in science and social studies. The principal is also wonderful, she takes the time to get to know each child and really strives to ensure that their needs are met. In addition, I love the Great Green program, what a great way to provide positive reinforcement!

Posted May 13, 2009
Eielson School is a positive, encouraging and supportive learning environment. The entire staff is friendly. They are aware of the high deployment rates of the parents and support the children of those deployed wonderfully. My daughters are in Kindegarten and special needs preschool. They both have great teachers. Both teachers are aware of my children's abilities and encourage them to extend those abilities. The principle is friendly and knows my children by name. The reading programs in the classroom and library are exciting for my daughters as well. Overall test scores for this school are probably low because of frequent PCS'ing and deployments. Test scores aren't everything!

Posted April 24, 2009
What an excellent school to start my daughter's primary school experience! The Kindergarten teachers are first-rate! They care for our children while fostering independence, encouraging creativity & skill development, learning and growth, all in a positive and fun environment. The principal knows the children by name, and encourages parental involvement in every aspect of a child's education. My daughter loves her gym teachers, music teacher & instructional paras. She is always coming home with new library books, and we enjoy the personal attention the school provides to each family. We love Eielson Elementary School!

Carl Ben Eielson Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2009
I want to reassure parents moving to Grand Forks AFB that this is a great school. I think it probably lags on the standardized test scores due to the continual high turnover of students. The academics are good quality although perhaps not as challenging as some school districts. I can not say enough about the staff here. My daughter loves going to this friendly, caring, safe school. It is a wonderful environment for young children to grow and learn. The staff has been very stable with several teachers being here around 20 years and still enthusiastic with the children. Monday morning opening is open to parents and both celebrates the childrens' achievements and reinforces moral lessons. We will miss this school immensely when we PCS.

Posted November 01, 2005

Carl Ben Eielson Elementary School
1238 Louisiana St, Grand Forks Afb, ND  58204
Last modified Carl Ben Eielson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl Ben Eielson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top