J Nelson Kelly Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
My kindergartener has suffered from bullying from 5th graders since he started school this year. The teachers do not do anything to address the bullying. My son says the kids take younger kids forcibly into places out of sight from teachers and proceed to choke, punch, kick, and threaten with contraband. My son loves to go to school, but I am taking my child out of that school because it is not safe.

Posted November 07, 2013
My oldest son has gone to Kelly sense 2nd & is now a 5th grader. And my 2nd oldest of four also attends he's in K. I love Kelly so much. Teachers def care bout the students and always makes sure students get the help they need. I hope I can stay in this school zone until all 4 of my kids get through elementary. I've dealt with two other schools in gf & kelly is way better compared to the other 2.

J Nelson Kelly Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2013
J Nelson Kelly is an awesome school to send your child. The classroom teachers are on top of all their plans and are easily accommodating for special needs children as well. They are pleasant people to talk to and to voice your opinions with. I cannot say enough about this school at this time. It does address bullying and tries very hard to nip it in the bud as soon as it starts to happen. All though I will say that sometimes a parent still has to step in and rectify some issues with their children and others (what parent doesn't?) It is still an overall very good school and I'm glad my child attends.

Posted October 31, 2012
My daughter transferred to Kelly from out of state, and we love it. The teachers are amazing and the principal is terrific. The school is clean and full of great energy. They clearly have fun decorating the school for holidays and seasons...it's bright, updated well, and just a wonderful place. They really care and are always happy to take time and answer any questions. My daughter is thriving there! I've always thought the ladies in the front office are very friendly and helpful, so I'm not sure what the other reviewers have experienced. Maybe they were just having a bad day.

Posted October 01, 2007
This school changed my son and our lifes. The teachers and the principal makes the school a excellent place for our children to learn and a safe place. Our son loves going to school. His teacher and principal our wonderful people who I thank god for everyday. (Mrs. Young)

J Nelson Kelly Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2005
This is my son's first year at Kelly (he transferred from out of state) and he has learned so much. The staff is amazing and the principal is really friendly which has made it easier for my son to adjust to the move. I have to agree with the other reviews on the ladies in the front office. The do seem VERY unfriendly. For a long time, I had a hard time going up there and asking questions. They did come out of thier shell ONCE and they were actually very pleasant!

Posted January 09, 2005
I agree with the other review. The school is wondeful. The principal and teachers are great as well. This is my daughters last year and she has loved the activities the school offers. The front office staff aren't very friendly at all! I feel sorry for the children, because if the office staff treats the parents like this, imagine what the children go through everyday.

J Nelson Kelly Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2004
My student transferred to Kelly from out of state, he was immediately welcomed. The staff encouraged him to join the after school activities and always had positive feedback. The relaxed atmosphere helped him excel in the classroom. The principal was very welcoming and helpful so I was suprised the few times I had to deal with the front office staff as they were very unfriendly and not very helpful.

J Nelson Kelly Elementary School
3000 Cherry St, Grand Forks, ND  58201
Last modified J Nelson Kelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J Nelson Kelly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top