Bad
Good

My kindergartener has suffered from bullying from 5th graders since he started school this year. The teachers do not do anything to address the bullying. My son says the kids take younger kids forcibly into places out of sight from teachers and proceed to choke, punch, kick, and threaten with contraband. My son loves to go to school, but I am taking my child out of that school because it is not safe.

My oldest son has gone to Kelly sense 2nd & is now a 5th grader. And my 2nd oldest of four also attends he's in K. I love Kelly so much. Teachers def care bout the students and always makes sure students get the help they need. I hope I can stay in this school zone until all 4 of my kids get through elementary. I've dealt with two other schools in gf & kelly is way better compared to the other 2.

J Nelson Kelly is an awesome school to send your child. The classroom teachers are on top of all their plans and are easily accommodating for special needs children as well. They are pleasant people to talk to and to voice your opinions with. I cannot say enough about this school at this time. It does address bullying and tries very hard to nip it in the bud as soon as it starts to happen. All though I will say that sometimes a parent still has to step in and rectify some issues with their children and others (what parent doesn't?) It is still an overall very good school and I'm glad my child attends.

My daughter transferred to Kelly from out of state, and we love it. The teachers are amazing and the principal is terrific. The school is clean and full of great energy. They clearly have fun decorating the school for holidays and seasons...it's bright, updated well, and just a wonderful place. They really care and are always happy to take time and answer any questions. My daughter is thriving there! I've always thought the ladies in the front office are very friendly and helpful, so I'm not sure what the other reviewers have experienced. Maybe they were just having a bad day.

This school changed my son and our lifes. The teachers and the principal makes the school a excellent place for our children to learn and a safe place. Our son loves going to school. His teacher and principal our wonderful people who I thank god for everyday. (Mrs. Young)

Last modified J Nelson Kelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.