Posted May 11, 2015
"Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all the fabulous teachers at GFMA. I think that this quote by Maria Montessori is perfect because all of you do this each and everyday. 'Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.' Thank you for all you do for my boys."

Posted April 28, 2014
My child loves going to school each day. She is excited to see her teachers and is excited to learn. She loves learning sign language and is excited to show me the new signs she has learned. I love seeing her grow and learn both academically as well as socially. The teachers have a great approach and show genuine interest in each child's development. The teachers do a great job communicating concerns as well as accomplishments. I would like to see more opportunities for parents to be involved in activities.

Posted April 28, 2014
Is it possible to feel so much at home even when you are at work? Because at Grand Forks Montessori Academy, I do! This school is everything I have been looking for as a teacher. Being the areas first Montessori school, I was thrilled to be hired as the Elementary teacher. Montessori is a positive, individualized learning environment where children can grow academically, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I am proud to be a part of the academic success at this school, and hope you consider enrolling your student in our school today!

Posted April 12, 2014
I've had my kids enrolled for several years now, and I am pleased with the new changes and growth. I also love the incorporation of the music lessons, sign language and foreign language programs. My children learn something new every day and come home willing to share what they've been learning with enthusiasm. The teachers have a heart and genuinely care for the children - as they always have. As another reviewer notes, parent involvement has lagged in the past, but with the new technology and ownership, I'm seeing a big push to engage parents more. Now it's time for me to do my part!

Posted February 23, 2010
This is a wonderful program where my family has been for sixeen years! They have reliability, consistancy, and best of all the Montessori approach. The staff at the school is always willing to visit with parents about any detail of the childrens day. Bravo little Scholar Ship!

Grand Forks Montessori Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2007
Overall I would say that this is a wonderful program for children in Grand Forks, if not the best for young minds to grow and learn how to think on their own. The teachers are a wonderful balance of strict and heart, which add to a very stable environment the little butterflies to emerge. My only complain would be to get the parents a little more involved and to do some sort of extracurricular activities by working with other programs in the area such as gymnastics and swimming lessons.

Grand Forks Montessori Academy
1420 24th Ave S, Grand Forks, ND  58201
Last modified Grand Forks Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Grand Forks Montessori Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top