Harwood Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2012
It's a school and if you don't really care about the education and environment your children are brought up in this will do as well as any other. We moved here in the last few years and have seen our children nothing but struggle. They were towards the top of their class and very engaged in our last school system but are barely scraping by here. The children are rude & undisciplined, there is no uniforms which also causes problems. Class sizes are the maximum allowed by the state and are not handled well. Teachers attempt to teach and I believe do genuinely care but the class sizes are so large they don't get a chance. The curriculum is a joke and does not at all stress mastery of any subject matter. The math taught is particularly bad and has very very bad reviews. This school is raising another generation (x gen'er myself) that cannot complete simple multiplication or division without a calculator. The math here I affectionately call everyday c***, is a joke compared to Singapore math. I may not be a genius but as an engineer I can see when something isn't working do an evaluation and assign resolution. I... don't know how I'll do it but the only resolution I see is home-school.

Harwood Elementary School 1

Posted December 22, 2009

Harwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 05, 2008
My daughter is in her second year at Harwood and I couldn't be more pleased with her progress. I am shocked this school doesn't have a rating of 10 considering it was a Blue Ribbon school just two years ago. There is a great deal of parental involvement which is so very important for the success of the children. The PTO at Harwood has dedicated parents who work very hard to raise money for the school and teachers. I am also very impressed with the teachers and their obvious concern for our children and their education. I would highly recommend this school!

Harwood Elementary School 5

Posted February 24, 2006

Harwood Elementary School
110 Freedland Dr, Harwood, ND  58042
(701) 356-2040
Last modified Harwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harwood Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top