PK-6 & Ungraded
Jamestown, ND

St. John's Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2015
Some children seemed to get away with more misbehavior if their parents were from the "right group" the Principal and several teachers definitely play favorites.

St. John's Academy 1

Posted June 30, 2015
We were not impressed with a majority of the teachers or administration. Lots of homework coming home to the point were we felt we were the ones teaching our kid. They need to cut back on all the field trips and guest speakers and maybe pay for additional teachers. Just seems it is too much for them the handle. Administration is unavailable and unresponsive to complaints.

Posted February 05, 2015
Our journey with SJA started over ten years ago when my son attended. He was first signed up to attend kindergarten in the public school system. It was very important to us to give him the best education. We start and end our day in prayer. We are not Catholic but we are Christians. One day my son (kindergarten) said," mom, I can't wait to bring my Bible to school." It was that day that I signed him up for SJA. He got to bring his Bible to school. Today, he is an amazing young man who has a strong faith which allows him to witness to others. His faith was harvested at SJA. Some of his best friends today, are from his kindergarten class. It has a strong family connection. Trust in the direction of where God will lead you. It's worth every penny. Forever grateful!
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 30, 2015
In addition to academic excellence, I love that SJA puts an emphasis on personal values. SJA incorporates Catholic Christian values into its everyday curriculum. This foundation has remained with my children beyond SJA s doors. I am forever grateful to SJA as my children have grown into great citizens and dynamic leaders from learning to help others, and make a difference in the world around them.
3 people found this helpful

St. John's Academy 1

Posted January 03, 2014
My child was not treated well by administration nor did my child receive a quality education. Not worth the money at all. In Jamestown, this is the school to avoid!
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 17, 2013
I have been a parent and volunteer at SJA for over 15 years and couldn't be prouder of the quality, commitment and tremendous outcomes that are emblematic of the school. My kids performed so well in middle school and high school because of both the academic and social standards to which they were held by the faculty and staff of SJA. SJA is a blessing to parents, students and our community.
4 people found this helpful

Posted December 17, 2009
SJA is above & beyond an exceptional school! As a teacher and current stay at home mom (who is not Catholic), sending my child(ren) to the Academy was just a given.. In fact, before my husband and I were married, this was already decided. The student teacher ratio is wonderful, as is the accelerated curriculum. Each night my child has school work, not too much, that is more enrichment than 'homework.' Our friends in the public schools do not have this. When I was working, I witness firsthand the quality of a SJA education when students would enter the 7th grade at the Middle School and it was a year of review for them!! As for the school community, it is family. Not just now, but forever. Yes, there is tuition, but that is nothing compared to what the children recieve. One last thing, my son LOVES school! He gets upset
4 people found this helpful