PK-6 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted February 10, 2016
As a troublemaker when I attended SJA, I was often subject to appropriate discipline. My teachers and the office staff took an active role in teaching me respect, while showing it themselves.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 10, 2016
In grade school, I was often a trouble maker, and often subject to discipline, even including suspension. Through it's consistent application of Christian values and fair discipline, the school instilled the virtue of honesty, integrity and fairness.

Posted February 10, 2016
I am an alumni of SJA, I later went on to graduate from Grad School with an extremely high GPA and now practice a very specialized branch of Law. I was very impressed with the quality of education that I received in grade school. When my classmates and I switched over to the public schools, we were far ahead of other students in many areas: particularly in reading and writing. I am a firm believer that the solid foundation I received at SJA was critical to my success in later academia.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 07, 2016
They are just too new, paid too little and too controlled by administration to develop as professionals in anyway.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 07, 2016
Its really up to the parents to determine their child's level of success. The teachers are simply too overwhelmed to be able to go out of their way or think outside of the box at all.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
They have to show respect to gain respect. Its all about who is who and power trips. I feel bad for any kid that is in attendance there.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2015
Some children seemed to get away with more misbehavior if their parents were from the "right group" the Principal and several teachers definitely play favorites.

St. John's Academy 1

Posted June 30, 2015
We were not impressed with a majority of the teachers or administration. Lots of homework coming home to the point were we felt we were the ones teaching our kid. They need to cut back on all the field trips and guest speakers and maybe pay for additional teachers. Just seems it is too much for them the handle. Administration is unavailable and unresponsive to complaints.

Posted February 05, 2015
Our journey with SJA started over ten years ago when my son attended. He was first signed up to attend kindergarten in the public school system. It was very important to us to give him the best education. We start and end our day in prayer. We are not Catholic but we are Christians. One day my son (kindergarten) said," mom, I can't wait to bring my Bible to school." It was that day that I signed him up for SJA. He got to bring his Bible to school. Today, he is an amazing young man who has a strong faith which allows him to witness to others. His faith was harvested at SJA. Some of his best friends today, are from his kindergarten class. It has a strong family connection. Trust in the direction of where God will lead you. It's worth every penny. Forever grateful!

Posted January 30, 2015
In addition to academic excellence, I love that SJA puts an emphasis on personal values. SJA incorporates Catholic Christian values into its everyday curriculum. This foundation has remained with my children beyond SJA s doors. I am forever grateful to SJA as my children have grown into great citizens and dynamic leaders from learning to help others, and make a difference in the world around them.

215 5th St SE, Jamestown, ND  58401