Mandan, ND

Mary Stark Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2014
I have had two kids attend Mary Stark Elementary, and go on to be successful in Middle, and now High School. Both of my girls score well above average in state testing, and are in advanced level classes for their grade level. I find the teachers and support staff at the school to be resourceful, creative, dedicated and caring. This school does have a high percentage of low income kids, and that does affect parent involvement (and test scores), but it is not for lack of opportunity.

Mary Stark Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2013
this school sucks my son says every teacher makes a big deal out of every thing like you cant play any game with physical contact and when you dont even really do any thing at recces you dont get to go out and play for the rest of the day and if you turn in something 5 minutes late like homework you have to stay in for recces even though they got it done. i give this school a 0/10 they should remove this school its the worst >:(

Mary Stark Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
My kids love this school. The teachers have always communicated with me. Either by phone or email. They've always worked with my daughter as she was a little behind in her reading and math skills and she's back up to where she should be and even better reading. Yes they do discipline. As I have been on both sides as my son has been in trouble :/ and been the one picked on. And they have always called me to say what was going on. They also have parent nights and you go with ur kids and eat dinner and play games and chat with the teachers. They even gave the kids free haircuts and took our family picture! I read the other review and had to comment because I don't believe a word of it if they called social services...Obviously there's a reason. the school gives out a list of all teachers and email addresses also on their website some teachers post their own page. My kids teachers handed out their home number and cell. So I'm really confused to how there's no communication. The classrooms are really cool. Some had cool leather couches for reading and cool rugs to sit on. They have a pile of iPads for the kids. We love Mary Stark.

Mary Stark Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2013
This school sucks....my child has adhd and odd they wanted me to put him on medication so I did for his adhd but not for his odd...they give him gum to come home with.they don't really discipline...the teachers don't know how to communicate with parents...my son punched his best friend in his mouth and I didn't find out till he got home...just like he slipt on ice and hit his head and they didn't even call me..they like to find any reason to call social services also....I will be changing schools next year and hopefully it will be better..

Mary Stark Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2008

Mary Stark Elementary School 5

Posted January 14, 2005
- a former student

Mary Stark Elementary School
405 8th Ave SW, Mandan, ND  58554
Last modified Mary Stark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Stark Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top