Minot Afb, ND

Posted October 28, 2013
I have been nothing but please since our kids started attending NP. When we moved here my oldest was in second and was enrolled at Dakota. He had a great teacher in Mrs. Heilman but I did not like the overall climate of the school, more specifically the principal. The following year when his sister began kindergarten we switched them to North Plains. Four years later and three kids in NP we will be leaving in a little over a week and will miss this school and the staff greatly. Mr. Strand is a wonderful principal, Ms. Michelle in the office and all of the teachers the kids have had, Mrs. Burns, Mrs. Melton, Mrs. Godejohn, Ms. Korzun; Ms. Thorlaksen and Mrs. Ditmars have been AMAZING. If you are moving to Minot AFB and are able to choose which elementary school on base to send your child to, choose NP you won't regret it!

North Plains Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2012
rampant bullying. teachers seem to not care. only seem to care about test scores and nothing else. i have talked to the teachers, counselors, and principal numerous times. nothing is being done. my child will not go to this school next year.

North Plains Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2012
I have one good thing to say about this school: It's on an Air Force Base. That's all. The teachers are guilty of blacklisting children. I've experienced very negative attitudes/personalities. and am glad to say they won't be exposing anyone from my family to their foolishness again. Children deserve to feel like they belong in class and not like they're a pain to the teacher. This is not what mine experienced.

Posted August 15, 2010
I had a kindergartener last year and was so comfortable knowing he was in great hands. The school is top notch from the principal to the office staff to the incredible teachers. I could not ask for a better safer environment for my child. What a great feeling!!! Sure wish we could be here long enough for my middle one to get to attend school there!

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted January 26, 2010
North Plains has both good teachers and great teachers. They are always coming up with ways to make their school better. They accept new students with open arms. The principal is always visible. The kids respect him but do not fear him. He is one of the best principals I've seen. The counselor participates in every classroom like every other week, in extracurricular activities and in individual student lives. The secretary is great, too! This school cares about its kids.

Posted February 24, 2009
My children go to North Plains and I love the staff there. What a great school.

Posted June 13, 2006
This is a wonderful school full of caring teachers & staff. The PTA does a tremendous job at fullfilling all the schools extra needs & holding fun events for the students. No other elementary school can compare to the outstanding dedication that each student receives!

North Plains Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2005
The teacher and parent relationships are very tight in working together to keep the school its number one priority. My kids love the small classes and one on one relationship with their teachers

Posted March 21, 2005
I think this is an excellent school with a great atmosphere and curriculum Everyone is very friendly and supportive and the kids feel safe and enjoy going to school. They have music and gym time. There has been a lot of parent involvement at this school as well.

North Plains Elementary School
101 C St, Minot Afb, ND  58704
Last modified North Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Plains Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top