PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I've gone to this school since kindergarten and I have never ever wanted to leave. I don't know why it's getting such bad reviews especially on the religion aspect. Religion is very important at our school; our goal is to provide an education in the spirit of Jesus Christ. The points about having kids that are mean to your kids doesn't mean that that can't happen at any other school. Over all I think BRCS is a good choice!

Bishop Ryan is the worst school in Minot. We thought the public school was bad, until we put our daughter in Bishop Ryan. The kids here are horrible really mean and the worst part is all their parents work at the school. My daughter was learning so much more In the public school. I am very dissatisfied and would not ever recommend Bishop Ryan. Also the staff are so rude, Ive never been treated with so much disrespect In my life. It truly makes me sick they even call themselves a christian school. This school Is futher away from God then public schools. For Halloween a teacher had Skelton in the hallway. Stick to the public schools in Minot they are much better. Please do not waste your money on Bishop Ryan

I would also agree, I can't recommend this school in good faith. There is no real disciplinary or educational method at this school, only harsh judgments. My daughter has had a particularly difficult year but she doesn't want to leave all her friends. I was particularly unimpressed when my son came home one day asking if he was "out of wedlock," and not that it's anyone's business but he is not. After speaking with a couple of his peers' families a month or so later, come to find out they had all been asking that. Please tell me why Fourth Graders should even know what that means and who in their right minds could fathom it's appropriate? Maybe I'm old fashioned or behind the curve, but it strikes me as extremely inappropriate for that age group.

Surprisingly, for a Catholic school, discipline is almost non-existent. Very provincial, and too much focus on sports. Only 1 foreign language offered. Very few students attend good out-of-state or private schools, and many, if not most, attend the mediocre state college next door.

Small classes are nice, but the small size of the school limits academic opportunities. Only 1 foreign language program (Spanish-terribly useful in North Dakota), and that is only for 2 years. Thankfully, the school allows students to take other languages at the local public school. In addition, students can take dual-credit classes next door at Minot State, instead of taking dual-credit classes taught by inadequately prepared high school teachers. In addition, the school is allowing one friend of my daughter to take Latin classes through a university's on-line high school program, so they are flexible. Student body is fairly-cliqish, but that's middle/high school. Some of the female students are excessively snobbish considering this is Minot, ND. One annoying fact is that few students look beyond North Dakota for college, and I see no evidence that the admin/counselors are pushing students beyond UND, NDSU, etc....

I would not reccomend this school unless have you have no place else to go. There is no disipline, classrooms are loud. No teacher dicipline.

Amzazing school in both academic and athletic department. Offers a great teacging staff that provid an education in the spirit of Jesus Christ.

Last modified Bishop Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12