PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

When I attended, the homework was a joke. It was beyond easy and most work could be done in class.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The students that had issues were sent to a specific instructor who was supposed to cover ALL subjects. In the end when graduating - these students basically revealed to us it was nothing more than a copy q/a session each time - so the students effectively learned nothing, but the school was able to show "progress".

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

It's a joke, for the same reason the teachers are. Pay is extremely small and only the worst are willing to work for so little - though they'll mask it as "my compensation is knowing I've helped changed so many lives through Jesus"

Develops character: Disagree

Students here are extremely judgmental, due solely to the religious bigotry this school preaches. Homosexuality and other societal derivations from what they consider the "norm" will mean your student is ostracized from the rest of their peers.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The school, contrary to the amount they charge for tuition, can not pay their teachers, so they rely on the bottom of the bucket willing to take such low pay - OR - prior alumni who can't make it in the real world and have to settle for ND.

As a prior alumn of this high school, I would suggest not wasting your money on this school. They push religion as the highest priority - it takes precedence over all other subjects and activities at the school. The next priority is on sports. I remember there being a budget surplus one year and the teachers requested that we update the learning materials and books - but instead the administration went with buying new football and basketball jerseys. The fact that the school thought it would be important to construct TWO gymnasiums for 400 students shows how warped their views are on education. I can echo the other comments sentiments - this school definitely does not push students at all academically. Most of my friends, including myself, attended some form of higher education in North Dakota (either UND or NDSU). Upon getting to college, I found myself - after graduating from Bishop Ryan with a 4.00 (perfect grade point average), struggling to compete with the students from the public schools. I took every "advanced" class that BRHS offered AND attended classes at Minot State University. Still I managed to barely squeek by my first year in college with a 2.25 - it was a constant struggle for several years just to come close to garnering a 3.00 from one of the two big Universities in the state. I years later went on to pursue a graduate degree, of which I earn highest honors of summa cum laude. It was the university that prepared me for that - not Bishop Ryan. I also can echo that it is unfortunate that most of the "staff" at the school (teachers and admin) have kids/relatives that have gone or are going to the school. The nepotism is beyond ridiculous and the pushback received upon any critical comments of the school is eye opening. In fact several of their own students bought into the brainwashing of religious indoctrination to the degree, that THEY now also work at the school. If you want your kids to get a good religious background - spare yourself the headache and money and send them to public schools and then outside of school (where religion belongs) put them through church programs or preach from within your own home. If you want your child to be religious but have no future, no prospects, no critical thinking abilities and be years behind the students in the public school system - then BRHS is the school for you.

Bishop Ryan is a wonderful school with an excellent faith based education. The religion program the school has in place is outstanding! The staff is so kind and supportive of one another and I love the family atmosphere the school provides.

Our family just switched from public school to Bishop Ryan this year. There were several reasons for making the switch, with the top reasons being a faith based education, smaller classroom size and being able to have all 3 children attend the same school. Bishop Ryan has been all we hoped for and more. From the very start of the admission process and every interaction since then, we have been treated with such kindness. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure all of our questions were answered and we felt welcome. Our children are so excited to go to school each day and walk out of the classroom at the end of the day with a smile on their face. Without a doubt, this was the best decision we could have made for our family. We are looking forward to many more years at Bishop Ryan Catholic School and would highly recommend it!

I've gone to this school since kindergarten and I have never ever wanted to leave. I don't know why it's getting such bad reviews especially on the religion aspect. Religion is very important at our school; our goal is to provide an education in the spirit of Jesus Christ. The points about having kids that are mean to your kids doesn't mean that that can't happen at any other school. Over all I think BRCS is a good choice!

Bishop Ryan is the worst school in Minot. We thought the public school was bad, until we put our daughter in Bishop Ryan. The kids here are horrible really mean and the worst part is all their parents work at the school. My daughter was learning so much more In the public school. I am very dissatisfied and would not ever recommend Bishop Ryan. Also the staff are so rude, Ive never been treated with so much disrespect In my life. It truly makes me sick they even call themselves a christian school. This school Is futher away from God then public schools. For Halloween a teacher had Skelton in the hallway. Stick to the public schools in Minot they are much better. Please do not waste your money on Bishop Ryan

Last modified Bishop Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12