Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

I am a student at this school, not a parent. I am in the eighth grade, and I hate it. The popular students take in all the new kids and turn them into people like them - self-centered and mean. There are defined lines between student cliques, and pretty much everyone has sat at the same lunch table since 6th grade. The guidance counselor really tries to help, but she isn't very good at it. The teachers do teach the concepts we need to learn, but we move on too quickly for some students. Because of this, we recently had to start the entire chapter over in math. The popular students have a huge problem with prejudice and if you've been going to this school district your entire life like me, they label you by what you were like in the past years. I have tried to be well-liked in this school, but nobody cares. I don't have many friends, and the guidance counselor has tried and failed to get rid of bullying. I would not suggest this school district for your children. This is coming from an actual student, and trust me when I say this. Your child will not be well-liked at this school, especially if they become popular when they arrive. Don't make your child go through this.

Last modified Wahpeton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.