Posted September 17, 2013
This is the worst school I could have sent my children to. I also live directly behind it. They are not a clean school. In the 3 weeks that they have resided in this building they have put trash outside the door, broken televisions on the sidewalk. I felt like my kids were singled out because they are 2 of 4 Caucasian kids in the school. I asked a parent to kindly move his car from in front of my driveway and he proceeded to call me and my kids white trash and told his son who goes to the school with my kids that he is not to like "white people". He then threatened to "Beat my #ss". I am in fear of my childrens safety as well as my own. I am pulling my children out and taking steps to make the complaints to the right people. Don't send your children here.

Posted February 09, 2012
This school has not met the Ohio Academic Standards in entirely too many years. Discipline in this school is a joke and punishments are not carried out for offenders, which is likely why the standards are not being met. They are more concerned with cramming as many kids into a room as possible rather than educating the children.

Hope Academy University 4

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted August 02, 2009
My Daughter kindergarten teacher was the best teacher ever Ms Pope

Posted April 10, 2008
Hope Academy used to be one of the premier schools in the Akron Area. However, over the past few years the personalized attention to studets and handling of disciplinary matters has greatly suffered. I am seriously considering a change in my childs educational venue.

Hope Academy University 0

Posted August 13, 2007
My child has been attending since k and I enjoy this school. Not only is it a family environment, but they actually take time to teach the kids and make it fun through out the day. My child is an honor roll student and does it with no problem. They have a no misconduct policy and handles behavior issues on the spot. My child feels safe and wanted in Hope Academy University.

Posted January 08, 2007
We love Hope Acdemy University. I have three children enrolled there and what I love most is the dedication and love from the staff. The have a no nonsense approach to discipline and learning. The principals and the teachers have the respect of the students. They start their mornings with affirmations to reinforce the fact that they can do and learn anything they set their minds to. This campus is the only Hope Academy where I have seen these results. It is due to a strong principal/vice principal combination, and caring teachers. Compare the test scores against other Akron public schools. It's the best kept secret in Akron.

Posted November 05, 2004
Hope Academy University has been an answer to my prayers. The entire staff has always been very focused on academics and character building. The students are aware of the importance of learning. The enviorment promotes the notion that learning is fun, important and challenging. Hope University takes the time to address all of the needs of the student, realizing that it could be difficult to learn if other obstacles are hindering a student's participation. The most important thing is that everyone in the building is an 'Educator' if you will, students learn from everyone in on the team. Hope has gone back to the basics while in a high tech time. Computer education is a must and the students love it. When they leave Hope, they are ready to conquer Middle School.

Hope Academy University
107 South Arlington St, Akron, OH  44306
Last modified Hope Academy University is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Academy University Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top