Posted April 13, 2010
I love essex because the teachers and the principle care about their students. The staff always brain storm on ways to get the students engaged, better equipement and learning tools for the children. The principle even set up a parent liason program for the boys and it has yielded great results in terms of the boys self confidence and encouraging them to be the best they can be at all times and accept responsibility for their behavior. The principle also started a program for the girls at essex titled girl talk. The program encourages our ladies to be self confidence, respect and responsibility. We are truly blessed to have a principle that sincerely cares about her students.

Essex Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2007

Essex Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2006
Essex has been a good school during the time that my child attended. I was/am concern that they teach to the state test and often voice my concerns. The teachers were great in working with my child. The quality of the academic programs was okay, but it needed to be more consistent. Every teacher still to have their own agenda for teaching. The subjects were the same, but the manner is which they were being taught were inconsisent. My child enjoyed the music program, both band and the choir. There was always some type of extracurricular activity going on. Parent involvement was fairly strong.

Posted September 12, 2005
Essex is a great school. The foreign language program is one of a kind. I have 4 children, my oldest was in gifted and talented, one of my sons had problems reading and wow the help he got last year was out of this world, the other two have had no problems.

Posted February 19, 2004
- a former student

Essex Elementary School
1160 Winhurst Dr, Akron, OH  44313
Last modified Essex Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Essex Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.