Posted May 29, 2014
Firestone offers tremendous opportunities to its students. As an alumnus of the IB and performing arts programs, I had outstanding academic and extracurricular experiences.

Posted October 09, 2013
Good school with good teachers but half the students dont act right. The teachers need to control their students so they arent ruining it for other people. Other than that its good.

Posted December 12, 2012
I don't know who is in charge of it, but someone needs to look into a few of the teachers. Some are a bit crazy and probably shouldn't be teaching. Overall, even though I have had some dreadful teachers, I truly loved my experience at FHS. The school is huge and there are so many different groups of people that you will always find a group. I never myself had troubles with bullies; I wasn't the most social and really didn't hang out with people I didn't like... Haha. I had a few teachers in particular who I can honestly say were excellent people. Although I had some tragic experiences with certain teachers, a lot of them were exceptional people who taught me so much and really helped me with my life. Overall, I wouldn't change my FHS experience with anything. I am so thoroughly grateful that I chose this school. Thank you to all the teachers and principals who helped me so much! I truly don't think I would have succeeded without your help. :)

Firestone High School 1

Posted August 07, 2012
Bad behaving, rowdy students. Not as good as it used to be. Was once excellent. Now is chaos. Inner city school. No class anymore.

Firestone High School 2

Posted August 04, 2012
Firestone has a large mix of good and bad. The I.B. program is wonderful, filled with hard working students that are pushed by very capable teachers ( my niece was in this program). The performing arts program was a great way for my daughter to expand her interest in the Arts ( theater and dance) . I personally believe they need to hire more teachers for this area. Much gets neglected and it is because there are not enough full time paid staff. Basically the whole theater program rest on the shoulders of one teacher. There is a lot of unruly behavior and the school falls below most state minimum scores. The low scores are not a problem if your child will be in the I.B classes, but if your child is in the general population classes there are a lot of poorly behaving teens that don't want to learn anything and they are only there to hang out and cause problems. I will not be sending out next child to Firestone --which breaks my heart , since everyone in my family has been a proud graduate. The school has just gone so far down hill it is unrecognizable. My hope is that more money, new staff and some hands on learning initiatives will miraculously appear. you tube: Firestone.

Posted December 09, 2011
I love it here,there are so many opportunities here at 333 Rampart class of 2014

Posted October 12, 2010
Wonderful performing and visual arts programs of a caliber rarely found in schools today, plus an International Baccalaureate program. We also appreciated the ethnic and economic diversity of the student body, which we feel helped our children be better prepared for the future.

Posted February 01, 2010
My daughter went to BYU, which is a pretty competitive school. Her first semester, she took an advanced art history class, where most of her classmates were juniors. She had the number 2 grade in the class, and she knows that she wold not have done that without the background of Firestone. I am so glad that we stayed in Akron for my daughter. She is head and shoulders above her classmates, and I contribute everything to her experiences at FHS.

Firestone High School 1

Posted December 13, 2009
There are a lot of diffrent behavior problems that arent adressed when they need to be.

Posted November 15, 2008
I cannot imagine my high school experience being spent anywhere other than Firestone. I was a VPA student, and had to drop IB and just do AP in order to to VPA, but it was well worth it. The IB and AP classes pushed me, and the art and music classes made me gain a great understanding and appreciation for all things art. Now, in colege, I am breezing through my first semester, and have the highest grade in my Humanities class, all thanks to Csjetey's Art History class, and Spondike's Music Fundamentals class. Take those classes. It is such a blessing to have those opportunities in a public high school.

Firestone High School
333 Rampart Ave, Akron, OH  44313
Last modified Firestone High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Firestone High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top