Bad
Good

Lacking parent invoment, teachers who have best interest of students, effective rules, and leadership. Moved our kids to Cuyahoga Falls and they are doing wonderful!

my school is forest hill clc , and this is our two kiddos first year there . we love it there because the teachers and staff as well as the pta are very friendly and helpful. we love the teachers mrs bivins and mrs tillman they are wonderful with the students and everyone there is so great with problem solving . i think by far this this the best akron public schhol there is . mrs henderson the principal is just amazing at her job and just absolutly loves each child . very professional too .. thanks forest hill for the great experience ..

I am very dissapointed with this school. nothing but issues with a third grade teacher. She totally does not care about the kids education and she also does not post grades on HAC. She also did not appear at the first interim pickup. Since school started my son comes home and tells me they did nothing in class except go over Rules all day. it is now the end of grading period one and Im lost as to knowing how my son is doing. He has been a straight A + B student all the way up until now thanks alot For not excelling his education Mrs.F. If you have a smart child going to third grade hopefully they will not get Mrs.F

This school is the absolute best school my child has ever gone to. The Wildcats are the most wonderfully behaved kids ever! I wished that there was a middle school for it.

My Daughter has been going to this school since kindergarten and has nothing but problems with teachers and the way they teach!! I so plan on pulling her out at the end of the year and putting her in a school district that is rated excellent and not in Akron schools who are rated bad for the past 7 years!! I would not recommend this school to any parent to put there kids in!

well, since my last post about forest hill, my children have returned to this school. i am not happy. when we moved back into the area my oldest was in 5th grade, and my youngest in 4th. neither had a good learning environment.they have had nothing but bad things to say about mrs taylor. she is the library teacher that watches over lunch. they have both said how mean she is to the kids all the time, and no one does anything about it. i had to remove my youngest from one 4th grade teachers class because she was flat out picking on my daughter. they have neglected to give her the special treatment she NEEDS. she is a advanced student, i explained this to everyone in the school that would hear me.she is still in regular classes, and is bored out of her mind! she just recently was tested as the most advanced reader in all of akron elementary schools. but she is not being treated as a smart child?! she has been picked on in school and no one does anything about it. i am very disappointed. the principal says whatever she thinks the parents want to hear, and then does nothing about the issue. i do NOT recommend you send your child here if you have any other option!!!

This school ahs a huge lack of communication between parent and teacher as well as the principal. My children have attended since third grade now in third grade. I have fouh=ght for their educationa t this school. My son has an IEP and I have to fight to keep it into effect. They want parent involvement only if you are involved with the PTA. If you are concerned with your childs education they have a problem witht hat and make it clear. Good Luck getting any answers. Will not be sending my children there next year.

Forest Hill is a wonderful school! My children have been in private and public. This elementary school provides a solid foundation for the children

My son is currently entering his 4th year at Forest Hill. I enjoy the school and all that it has to offer. However, I feel like the class sizes are a little to large to to recieve the one on one that he needs inorder to stay on task. But we do love the school and understand that it is not up to the school, but up to the board as to how large the class is.

This school has a lack of communication between parent and teacher. My child, a first time student of the forth grade, is not being challenged after being tested for being an above average student for this grade. The teacher is constantly riding her, using negative tones in her voice.

Last modified Forest Hill Community Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.