PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is thriving and has very supportive and loving teachers and classmates. I could not have asked for a better school for him. He loves everything about his school. As for thr principal, he loves her too. She too is both kind and loving towards my son.

School that emphasizes preparing you for high school, yet spends time enforcing unimportant rules instead of teaching. Many teachers are liked because they let the kids do fun things like watch movies, but that is because they are too lazy to teach, and when they do teach, it is arts and crafts that teach nothing. Students grades in English classes reflect artistic ability and not real knowledge.

DONT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!! Okay I am not here to tell you what to do with your kids but I highly recommend looking at any school other than this school. The whole staff is corrupt. The ways they try to teach are not effective, especially in junior high. They have teenagers doing artsy crafts for projects saying that it prepares you for high school, which I must say it does not, and that is what junior high is all about. The principal is horrible, once you get into junior high, she treats you horribly, you get scared every time you see her to be honest. She doesn't output a loving and caring atmosphere, even when needed, yes I know they are supposed to be strict at some times to teach you discipline, there is not one time that she even smiled at one of the students unless she was shaming or embarrassing them in class. Foreign language was not good at all! She's a wonderful woman don't get me wrong, but she has no way of teaching, my class was one to act up in her class only because we knew she didn't know much about Spanish. You can look over her Kent college teaching ratings I believe and see even from other people her teaching methods are not productive. If you are a boy, I'm this school most likely going into upper grade you will most likely witness quite a bit of sexism. This isn't just me talking many girl classmates of mine have notice it also. I'm going to end this here but I would strongly consider looking for a different school! (Losing tons of kids in each class the year after the new principal joined must tell you something along with 7 staff members either being fired or being forced to resign) also one more thing I see many ratings saying how great it is but, coming from all the students in my grade we hate it

WONDERFUL CATHOLIC FAITH BASED SCHOOL. The academics at this school cannot be compared. The children are so exceptionally prepared for high school that they breeze through. I have 2 children currently in the school and one in high school. My son is having no trouble with all honors courses in high school thanks to this OUTSTANDING INSTITUTION!!!

The kids love it, the teachers are marvelous. They care about the children and the drop off and pick up is one of the best, I've experienced. The sports are pushed which cause the parents to become close and involved as well as the music department...I could go on and on.

I have sent four children through this fine school. I thinkl that the staff is very caring and the students just love it here. We explored almost every Catholic elementary school in the Akron area and settled here because it felt like home to my family.

Last modified St Vincent Depaul Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8