K-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is a gem hidden on the north side. The Italian tradition lives on, and the academic rigor is top notch from K all the way up. This is one of the best schools in Akron, no doubt.

This school has been good to my son, but the extra money asked for besides tuition is abolutely ludicris. I have been happy with everything except the mandatory "buy a 100 dollar auction ticket", "buy 50 dollars worth of chocolate", "every family MUST buy this", it is impossible in this day and age when you are are already paying tuition. I thought this is why parents give time and volunteered, to offset cost of such functions. The school is small, and over crowded I think, but they do well with what they have. I do not like that the library is confined with the computer room. There is no where that the children can wander and just look at books, they have a computer in frront of their face the whole time. besides these downfalls, i still send my son here.

Academics are great. What is not great are parents fighting over parking spaces and spreading rumors. I have seen them spread rumors like wildfire but they never investigated the rumors to see if they were true or false. They were happy spreading rumors. I thought to myself, their children go to school here at this "higher" educational school. I am disappointed. I shrug my shoulders and thought, "So this is the life of the elite?"

I have been involved with St Anthony's School for 25 years. I attended this school as well as my husband. If it was not a great school I would have never chosen it for my child. It is like home. It is a great school. The kids learn so much and enjoy the extra curricular activities at little or no cost. The parents seem to be very interested in their child's school and want to be involved in all that they do.

Last modified St. Anthony of Padua Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8