7-12|Private

Bad
Good

I was miles ahead when I arrived in college after attending the Elms 9-12. A few of my former classmates and I still discuss how much more prepared we felt for college and beyond after our time at the Elms. I highly recommend the school for its atmosphere, academics, and the attitude and drive it instills in its students. I feel my mom got every penny's worth!

Great school, great academics, great warmth. I completely disagree with the reviewer who talked about a "status appeal." We send our daughter here so she can get a fair shake without louder boys getting all the attention. I have a son and I taught school, so I speak from experience. I loved my male students, but I also recognized that girls were intimidated by their presence. I am happy to have one less distraction in my daughter's education. Attend just one open house and meet the confident girls that come out of this education and you'll be sold.

It has been my experience as a parent that some love The Elms while others leave in frustration. While it is difficult to categorize who will love the school versus those who will not., it seems to be prefered by those who enjoy the status appeal of "The Elms" and can deal with the social politics of a small, all girls, school. In my opinion, if ever in your life you were in a situation that made you feel like the proverbial boy who said "The Emporer has no clothes", the place is probably not for you.

I am currently in 7th grade at this school. I love it! I have been here since I was around 4 years old. I am taking a high school math course even though I am 12. The small class size allows us to have fun and be ourselves around our friends. There is very little "girl-drama" and we usually don't run into problems. The homework level is moderate. There are so many clubs I can join. I am on school newspaper, Power of the Pen, Asian Club, and Math Counts/Math Club. I also am in the school choir and played volleyball last year at the elementary school. The Elms really does prepare you for high school. I love that the middle school is in the same building as the high school, so we can always just walk down the hall and see your friends who are older than you. The teachers are amazing and enthusiastic about what they teach. I make so many new friends each year! Overall, this school is great, and I love every day of it.

I received a great education! It's wonderful as a young lady to grow up & see powerful women in charge!

A better high school education than most will receive in college

Amazing place for young women the learn!!!!!

Amazing place for woman to thrive!

Wonderful education that builds the confidence and talents of the young women who attend the shcool

Take a select group fo motivated students (with successful parents and/or parents who are making sacrifices to pay the relatively high tuition) and high test scores will follow. The school ranks among the top twenty in the state based on this formula. One may argue that if many public schools were given only students of this caliber that they could surpass the achievement, but the real world of high schools offers many distractions. The Elms High School understands it's role well, and provides the quiet studious environment for a small segment who desire (and can pay for) it. I'm not saying that these girls have no fun, but they have made a choice to forgo the various forms of prototypcial high-school social events - from football games to vibrant hallways - for the peaceful serenety of OLE. And, it delivers.

Last modified Our Lady Of The Elms High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12