Garfield High School 4

Posted June 28, 2014
This will be my second year of going to this high school and I think people over exaggerate about it being a bad school. It lets u be something. Let's u be part of the family. Garfield has soo much potential and good students. They offer so many things.Don't let a few kids get to u. Oh and u should definitely join student council :)!!! You'll have fun in this school. At least I do.

Garfield High School 3

Posted October 17, 2010
As a student who currently attends Garfield, I can say that the school is in desperate need of help. There are some genuinely bright students and engaging teachers there that are being drowned out by all the chaos, which is why the school would be much better off if it were smaller. My third period class has 30 students in it and the teacher can hardly control any of them long enough to get far in the day's lesson. If you walk down the halls you can see sparkles of talent and intelligence; but, unless they're atheletes, they will never recieve any recognition.

Garfield High School 2

Posted March 11, 2010

Garfield High School 2

Posted March 10, 2010
I feel that Garfield High School could be MUCH better. I find that students in the 12th grade cannot even pronounce simple words. Word they should've learned in elementary or middle school. The principal (Dieringer) never demonstrates leadership. I once asked him a question about the school and he grew irritated and loud, saying that he only ran the school. Why was he to know about activities going on in it.? I was very displeased. The males in the school continue to droop their pants and hunt after females like prey. I can honestly say that by the time a female at Garfield reaches the 12th grades she will have endured some type of sexual harrassment. I am happy to say that I have made a good name for myself by being a top scholar. But , Garfield will not bring forth many successful adults in the future.

Posted May 28, 2009

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted July 19, 2007
- a former student
This is a wonderful school with outstanding teachers....very highly recommended.... Shawn Ishmael

Posted November 22, 2004

Posted November 04, 2004

Garfield High School
435 North Firestone Blvd, Akron, OH  44301
Last modified Garfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top